Finally finished second Rockola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I got this a few months back but it's taken many many hours of stripping, polishing, adapting, respraying, etc etc but it's finally finished. Got modern amp and speakers, Bluetooth, lots of led lights, including colour changing one, and it sounds awesome and I think it's beautiful. I know it's not a boombox but I reckon boomers and jukeboxes go together pretty well. Just gotta print some title strips. Anyway, hope you like it :-)

IMG_2884.JPGIMG_2879.JPGIMG_2880.JPGIMG_2885.JPG

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
im_alan_partridge said:
Great work Si, it looks like new :yes:
I really didn't when I got it!...had been sat in a barn for years lol

MyOhMy said:
I smiled as soon as I saw the thread title as I knew I was in for something rather special and you didn't let me down - and many thanks for the panoramic Boom Room shot. :thumbsup: :rock:
Glad you like it lovely lady :)

blu_fuz said:
It is beautiful. Nice job.
Thanks...many hours of work but I love doing this sort of thing :-)

The coloured lights on the lower half slowly go through all the colours...very chilled out :-)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Beuatiful Si, it look so good. How does the playing work, are you able to choose a tune from the buttons or do you just bluetooth to it from a device?

Looks stunning anyway and i love the panorama of your boom room, so cool.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
That's really cool looking. How long you had it? I really like the colors. How many records (or whatever) does it hold, and do you have enough to fill it up?

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
T-STER said:
Beuatiful Si, it look so good. How does the playing work, are you able to choose a tune from the buttons or do you just bluetooth to it from a device?

Looks stunning anyway and i love the panorama of your boom room, so cool.
Control it all from the Bluetooth device. Reckon I could rig something up to the buttons tho as they're still functional. Glad you like my work room...the actual boom room will be a while :-)

trippy1313 said:
That's really cool looking. How long you had it? I really like the colors. How many records (or whatever) does it hold, and do you have enough to fill it up?
I have more than enough records to fill it...sadly it doesn't take any lol...I got it as the cabinet only to restore cosmetically and mod, same as I did with the first one. Better sound and better reliability...clearly not as cool, but a fraction of the cost :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
trippy1313 said:
Awe man, playing records on top of the mods would be so awesome. But even without its really cool, I like it a lot.
I actually have a Sony turntable that would easily fit in it, not quite the same but closer :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
JVC Floyd said:
I love jukeboxes the only stereo you can operate after a half a bottle of whiskey.
Lol :-)

If you look on the first pic you'll see a small metal clasp on the side...this is because I modded it so the entire top half is removeable. This way it can be transported more easily and carried upstairs if needed...without this you've got no hope of getting this brute up a staircase lol

Status
Not open for further replies.