What did Santa bring me? Just a JVC 3090EN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
It started in 2016 over a few conversations with a true gent and fantastic member Samovar. He needed some help with something I had access to and in turn he offered a JVC 3090 after reading an old post where I professed my obsession with this box. He remembered that and true to his word, shipped it across the world in packaging that would survive a tank running over it. Even our Canadian Customs had a little difficulty opening it for inspection.

Having seen RImmer's JVC 3090 twins, I had grown a "lust" for these boxes and in early January, that dream was answered. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I'm having with this. Santa came through!
Thanks Samovar!! Everything's working beautifully...

Just a few pics below..please note I went outside for a few pics but it was -20C outside with the wind chill so I didn't hang around too long.
IMG_2052sd.JPGIMG_2054.JPGIMG_2056.JPGIMG_2057.JPGIMG_2058.JPGIMG_2059.JPGIMG_2064.JPGIMG_2067.JPG

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Excellent new box Geoff and so nice it came from Sal. Stunning box I can see why you were sweet on it..

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Very beautiful!

One slipped off my hands on Ebay! Seller finally gave me a buy it now price after rejecting my 3 offers, my 4th offer then didn't qualify. By that time some hungry Shark swallowed it.

Crying a river!!!!!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Very nice, very nice indeed but I must confess: I had the fleeting thought that this box went to the moon in 1969 and was used to contact mother earth - does that make me weird?! :blink: :hmmm: :yes: :-D :lol:

Good acquisition, I'm pleased for you. :thumbsup:

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thanks everyone!! I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with this box. It's like being a kid again at Christmas and getting you're most desired toy! I'm obsessed with it!

Let me say this though. Dealing with members makes me never want to use Ebay again. The smoothest, most worry free exchange ever!!. Samovar went WELL above and beyond with packaging and communication. Cheers to this group of collectors and their love of these boxes.

@MyOhMy...You're not weird. I think Major Tom used this box as his capsule simulator :lol: . It really has that facade :yes:

@Chris...I saw your post after I received this and understand your enthusiasm for this boomer! It really sounds nice and is a very high quality construction. I've tested the TV and it works as well (minus the over the air analogue signals)

I do have one question for the knowledgeable experts here. Was this ever sold in Canada? I don't recall ever seeing this box in the stores but only in the brochures. Did the U.S. have it on the shelves?

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
I am so glad it arrived safe and sound. I strongly believe in collaboration among members and, so far, I have been lucky enough to trade happily and effectively :-)

When I think of JVC classic boomboxes, I think of quality and elegance. But, if hard pressed to name my favorite, I'd say it's a close call between the RC 550 and the 3090. Utterly subjective, I know, but they're both so unique -- and so good! I agree with Reli, the 3090 has a nicer, warmer sound than the M70.

Beautiful pics btw; the temperature was low but look at the colors! Just wonderful

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Great work guys, these JVC's really are sweet. I had the chance to really get a good look and listen to the one Chris got. Its so solid, and really cool looking. Congratulations on yours!

Heres a shot I took of Chris' new pride and joy out at Venice Beach Screenshot_20170116-204003.jpg

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
SLO said:
Great work guys, these JVC's really are sweet. I had the chance to really get a good look and listen to the one Chris got. Its so solid, and really cool looking. Congratulations on yours!

Heres a shot I took of Chris' new pride and joy out at Venice Beach
Screenshot_20170116-204003.jpg
I took my photos outside at -20c. Chris' 3090 looks like it was in a slightly warmer climate :drool: :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Brutus442 said:
Thanks everyone!! I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with this box. It's like being a kid again at Christmas and getting you're most desired toy! I'm obsessed with it!

Let me say this though. Dealing with members makes me never want to use Ebay again. The smoothest, most worry free exchange ever!!. Samovar went WELL above and beyond with packaging and communication. Cheers to this group of collectors and their love of these boxes.

@MyOhMy...You're not weird. I think Major Tom used this box as his capsule simulator :lol: . It really has that facade :yes:

@Chris...I saw your post after I received this and understand your enthusiasm for this boomer! It really sounds nice and is a very high quality construction. I've tested the TV and it works as well (minus the over the air analogue signals)

I do have one question for the knowledgeable experts here. Was this ever sold in Canada? I don't recall ever seeing this box in the stores but only in the brochures. Did the U.S. have it on the shelves?

Thanks in advance!

Geoff
I agree, trading with good standing Boomboxery members is the only way to go!

These are really well built little footballs. The sound quality is amazing and the loudness button has some real PUNCH behind it. I so wish TV was still broadcast over the air. But that's OK, I can still play Space Invaders on it!

Screenshot_20161220-132731.pngScreenshot_20161220-132743.png

SLO said:

Heres a shot I took of Chris' new pride and joy out at Venice Beach
Screenshot_20170116-204003.jpg
That's a great picture Steve!

samovar said:
I am so glad it arrived safe and sound. I strongly believe in collaboration among members and, so far, I have been lucky enough to trade happily and effectively :-)

When I think of JVC classic boomboxes, I think of quality and elegance. But, if hard pressed to name my favorite, I'd say it's a close call between the RC 550 and the 3090. Utterly subjective, I know, but they're both so unique -- and so good! I agree with Reli, the 3090 has a nicer, warmer sound than the M70.

Beautiful pics btw; the temperature was low but look at the colors! Just wonderful
No more trading with the North American's! :lol: :lol: :lol: Save the good stuff for me :w00t: :-D :yes:

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
No more trading with the North American's! :lol: :lol: :lol: Save the good stuff for me :w00t: :-D :yes:
No prob I've always traded successfully on both sides of the pond. Waiting forward to meeting you in Italy :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.