I'm stuck with BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

swizz

Member (SA)
Dec 26, 2016
Hi all,

So I'm new to the forum and looking for help. I picked up a Sharp GF-4700, and wired in a BT dongle. It connects and plays but sounds like sh*t. I threw in a ground iso transformer and sill sounds terrible (reverb ans static). One odd thing is that the get exremely loud instantly. The way I have it wired is from the tape deck power to the BT dongle to the iso xmfr to the leads to the tape deck preamp. I'm lost please help.

swizz

Member (SA)
Dec 26, 2016
baddboybill said:
Yeah I think cuz it's off deck that's why. Did you remove deck wires? Cuz if not your getting feedback off deck
Yea, I removed all the deck wires. And I know its not the speakers because the radio sounds fine.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
The tape deck sensitivity is much higher than a normal line in. That would explain the 'extremely loud instantly' situation. Your music source should have a volume level of around 50% so as not to overload the deck pre-amp.

Superduper

Member (SA)
It should never have been tied in at the deck preamp anyhow, especially if we are talking about where the heads connect to the circuit since the heads vs line-level is probably around -50db or so, which is a lot. Tying it into the deck circuit is OK but since it's already considered approximately line-level, it should have been tied in at approximately the function switch area. On the other hand, the OP does not provide nearly detailed enough clarity of where and how the BT is connected to the boombox.

Status
Not open for further replies.