Audiosonic tbs8900 help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a Audiosonic TBS 8900 where the problem is that the band button does not work, in my opinion, and you have no radio have feathered operates the tape engine does and hear you noise but I'm game a beginner and have a weakness for this hobby and would stall like to see working hopefully someone can tell me what's wrong thanks!

Greetings Justin.

Attachments

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
So the tuner does not work?

Open it and see if the antenna wire is connected correctly.

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
Reli said:
So the tuner does not work?

Open it and see if the antenna wire is connected correctly.
I had a donor lie which that board I had suspected that it was broken seen contain some transistors so I replaced it but the result of noise and no sound or lights do to go while using the strap button while this how it should be.

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
I had a donor lie which that board I had suspected that it was broken seen contain some transistors so I replaced it but the result of noise and no sound or lights do to go while using the strap button while this how it should be.

Attachments

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
superlew said:
I don't quite understand the problem, but that's a pretty cool variation of the Conion CRC-H58F.
You hear nothing only snow sound like old TV no leds the band switch doesnt work you only have power

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
No one can help me?
No radio only power it seems the band selector does nothing no leds only power and snow sound like no signal on old crt tv sorry i thought this was a website with people help each other :-(

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
Thats not the problem it i tried that the volume vu works cassette if you push te buttons only no tunner that works and that band selector dont work

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
baddboybill said:
So the selector knob spins freely? If so most likely a gear inside switch broke
No the knob is not broken only the tunnerboard something on it is not good but i dont know what

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
label321 said:
Thats not the problem it i tried that the volume vu works cassette if you push te buttons only no tunner that works and that band selector dont work
Ok just because some things work and others don't tells me there's still a possibility that a thorough cleaning on power switch is needed

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
baddboybill said:
Ok just because some things work and others don't tells me there's still a possibility that a thorough cleaning on power switch is needed
Its a band selector that doent nothing and its like you receive no stationt only a noise i clean everything

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'll give it a try. Why not.

I had a donor lie which that board I had suspected that it was broken
Someone donated to you a boombox, but lied about the condition of the tuner board?

seen contain some transistors so I replaced it

I don't understand. So you replaced transistors on the tuner board?
Why would you do that?
How were you certain that they were bad?
Did they look burned or destroyed?
Anyway, you replaced some transistors, can you tell us what the original transistor numbers were and what the numbers of the replacements are?
I'm not sure how you found replacements.
Replacing components on a tuner board is risky, although an active component like a transistor might be okay if you can find an identical replacement, or one with characteristics known to be close enough to act as an equivalent.

but the result of noise and no sound or lights do to go while using the strap button while this how it should be.

I don't know what a strap button is.
Are you using Google translate from another language? I'm having a hard time understanding you at all.
You probably ruined the tuner board trying to replace transistors.

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
caution said:
I'll give it a try. Why not.

I had a donor lie which that board I had suspected that it was broken
Someone donated to you a boombox, but lied about the condition of the tuner board?

seen contain some transistors so I replaced it

I don't understand. So you replaced transistors on the tuner board?
Why would you do that?
How were you certain that they were bad?
Did they look burned or destroyed?
Anyway, you replaced some transistors, can you tell us what the original transistor numbers were and what the numbers of the replacements are?
I'm not sure how you found replacements.
Replacing components on a tuner board is risky, although an active component like a transistor might be okay if you can find an identical replacement, or one with characteristics known to be close enough to act as an equivalent.

but the result of noise and no sound or lights do to go while using the strap button while this how it should be.

I don't know what a strap button is.
Are you using Google translate from another language? I'm having a hard time understanding you at all.
You probably ruined the tuner board trying to replace transistors.
Yes i'm from that little country called holland i'm new i'm no expert like al you guys i know the basics i have 2 of these boxex both are broken and i try to fix one but that tunner board on the picture is the donor one the other one is detroyed no im that far that you only a box that powers up but receive no stations and the band selector doesnt work i dont know if someone here can help me it cand be anything i hate it that i dont have a neighbor whos on this forum xD

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
i dont know if someone here can help me it cand be anything

The donor tuner board was already broken?
Maybe someone tried adjusting the screws on there, if so, then it's useless.
Setting all the parts on a tuner is impossible without a lot of skill, I don't think any of here even know how to do that.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Also I noticed a cut blue wire attached to what looks like a yellow wire. That usually isn't good either. Are you sure you hooked up the board properly? If not that me be another issue

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
baddboybill said:
Also I noticed a cut blue wire attached to what looks like a yellow wire. That usually isn't good either. Are you sure you hooked up the board properly? If not that me be another issue
Yeah thats a speaker wire is was fooling around last night and it work for 1 min then i screw the board on the deck ant the problem was back :-(
So i dont understand it the band selector knob is gear is not broken only it dont work and i dont screw in the pots no crack in the board is it maybe that square thing tunner? if you power it on it is like you hear noise as you dont receive any stations at al

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Did you try spraying contact cleaner into the metal bar under the band selector? And also into the function switch?

label321

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2015
Reli said:
Did you try spraying contact cleaner into the metal bar under the band selector? And also into the function switch?
Yes i did and yes dont work at al i can spray a whole can emty nothing work only a wheat board antenne is correct i put some circles what i have put on of the other board that was broken after i did that last night i had 1 min radio that i had the same static noice again i´m no expert hopefully it is possible to fix and in the past i had bad reception then i screw in that tunner thing screw are losse for some strange reason but if you screw nothing happen and it is not normal that band selector not work if it work you hear a noice and see that in the vu light of the front so im sick of it

baddboybill said:
label321 said:
Yes i did and yes dont work at al i can spray a whole can emty nothing work only a wheat board antenne is correct i put some circles what i have put on of the other board that was broken after i did that last night i had 1 min radio that i had the same static noice again i´m no expert hopefully it is possible to fix and in the past i had bad reception then i screw in that tunner thing screw are losse for some strange reason but if you screw nothing happen and it is not normal that band selector not work if it work you hear a noice and see that in the vu light of the front so im sick of it

baddboybill said:
i replace that last night and then it had 1 min working after i put it togeter it was the same static noise again you can screw pots spray cleaner al you want nothing works i see nothing strange on the board

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.