• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Barb Bush

Barb Bush
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

Those are amazing.  I like the EQ and LEDs on the first video.  Awesome.

Kind of hard to see the 2nd one, but the chrome rings around the speakers remind me of my Sanyo M9990 I had back in the day.

On Red and Denim, is that a horn loaded box?  Can't really tell, but it probably hits pretty good if it is. 

Have any of you run these against the new modern boomboxes for comparison [diamondboxx, aiwa]?

#32 hardmen

hardmen
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts
  • LocationItapevi - São Paulo - Brasil

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Love the LED meter on the first one. Is it straight from a Lasonic?

Yes, from modern ones.

That pic below show a Gig that I working on.
12" woofers (fail on tests, couldn't handle bass, because they are for midrange frequencies),
3" tweeters and TDA7492 Amp.
That gig are mounted on a open baffle scheme, just for tests...

I will make a video.

Attached File  20170420_193608.jpg   56.24K   1 downloads

Cheers.

#33 hardmen

hardmen
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Those are amazing. I like the EQ and LEDs on the first video. Awesome.

Kind of hard to see the 2nd one, but the chrome rings around the speakers remind me of my Sanyo M9990 I had back in the day.

On Red and Denim, is that a horn loaded box? Can't really tell, but it probably hits pretty good if it is.

Have any of you run these against the new modern boomboxes for comparison [diamondboxx, aiwa]?

The second one could see finished in that pic below (right n the custom one with four woofers, that I made as well).
Attached File  FB_IMG_1490042543829.jpg   115.37K   1 downloads

The Red and Denim have vintage tweeters and could cover mid frequencies, used in PA speakers, made by a Brazilian brand name Selenium.

I have the Aiwa Exos 9 and on my tests, they go more louder, but Aiwa sounds better (no distortion) in max volume (awesome project) and with more thumping bass.

The ONLY one of mine DIY that follow Aiwa on almost same no distortion, it's the Pausonic.

Cheers.

#34 hardmen

hardmen
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

#35 Barb Bush

Barb Bush
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Those are amazing. I like the EQ and LEDs on the first video. Awesome.

On Red and Denim, is that a horn loaded box? Can't really tell, but it probably hits pretty good if it is.

The second one could see finished in that pic below (right n the custom one with four woofers, that I made as well).
attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1490042543829.jpg

The Red and Denim have vintage tweeters and could cover mid frequencies, used in PA speakers, made by a Brazilian brand name Selenium.

I have the Aiwa Exos 9 and on my tests, they go more louder, but Aiwa sounds better (no distortion) in max volume (awesome project) and with more thumping bass.

The ONLY one of mine DIY that follow Aiwa on almost same no distortion, it's the Pausonic.

Cheers.

Brilliant!  You guys are definitely creative when it comes to these beauties.   

#36 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,067 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

Yes, from modern ones.
12" woofers (fail on tests, couldn't handle bass, because they are for midrange frequencies),
I will make a video.
attachicon.gif20170420_193608.jpg
Cheers.
Running those 12 inch drivers in 'free air' will cause the cones to move excessively. If you tested them in a sealed or ported cabinet of a suitable size, they should sound really strong.

I've tried a couple of the TDA7492 based amps - they both worked but I wasn't happy with the sound quality compared with the Lepai LP-2020+ T class amp.

#37 hardmen

hardmen
  • Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

Yes, from modern ones.
I will make a video.attachicon.gif20170420_193608.jpg
Cheers.
Running those 12 inch drivers in 'free air' will cause the cones to move excessively. If you tested them in a sealed or ported cabinet of a suitable size, they should sound really strong.
I've tried a couple of the TDA7492 based amps - they both worked but I wasn't happy with the sound quality compared with the Lepai LP-2020+ T class amp.

The Pausonic uses a TA-2020 amp and you're right about superior soune quallity they delivers.
But TA-2020 based amps wasn't easy to find here on Brazil unfortunately... ...and when they are avaliable, are expensives.

Cheers.