please help w/take apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Hi Jimmy, it looks to me like there are Two plastic tabs on the top portion of the cassette door assembly. That you pop out,then there should be two more at the bottom. That come out,those are the two I'm having problems with. After those the metal and clear plastic cassette door "cover" or face plate should pop right off. Right? Could you please go into a little more detail as to how this is done. Thank you again for your help.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Hi boomboxlover48, I'm not working on a rx-5025. Its an rx-5500 that I'm having the problem with. You wouldn't happen to have experience with the Panasonic rx-5500 would you? I'm hoping so. It appears that the clear/metal faceplate of the cassette door must come off of the cassette door frame/assembly. Very similar to the MacDonald Instruments 06-33-63. Once that clear/metal part is removed. The black plastic cassette door assembly stays in place. I'm just having butterflies in my stomach over doing this. It seems if I pop out the top 2 retaining tabs and pull up,it will snap off the bottom 2 tabs and I'll be up you know what creek.So I'm looking for a little more in depth explaination on how to do this. The Panasonic rx-5500 is a "near grail" box and just wanna give it all the love it deserves. Thank you for any help you all can render.

Status
Not open for further replies.