WikiBoombox Submissions HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
I know that many folks would like to add certain examples of their collections for inclusion into the WikiBoombox database. However, the learning curve to edit wiki pages is steep, and maybe too much trouble. Ok, so post them here! Doesn't matter what it is, how common, how rare, whether it's original or whether it is modified. The only thing that matters is that it's YOURS and not copied from the web someplace. There is no guarantee that they will be included, but the contributors will peruse this thread from time to time to see what is missing from the Wikiboombox website and add them if they are posted here. Please indicate the model number if it's not obvious. Thanks!

Remember: Doesn't matter if it's an egg, or a rectangular log. Doesn't matter if it's 1, 2 3 or even more pieces. If it looks like a boombox, it doesn't even matter if it's AC only. It doesn't matter if it's silver or black, big or small, mini or micro. It doesn't even matter if you think that nobody cares about it! We only want to try to expand the database.

Superduper

Member (SA)
This is a pretty nice one. Sony CFD-E100. Radio, Cassette and CD. CD is on one side, cassette player on back side. Wedge shaped so that it stands sure footed. Not going to blow anyone away, but a nice way to get some personal tunes in locations where a blaster isn't appropriate. As much as we like our music loud, the truth is that not all family members share the same sentiment. Seems to be decent quality, and to my eyes, is a cute color. Oh and although not fancy, it may be hard to believe but the radio reception is top notch. It easily pulls in station with no antenna extension that some other well regarded boomers have trouble capturing. Takes 6x C-cells.

sony_cfd-e100_1.jpg

sony_cfd-e100_2.jpg

sony_cfd_e100_3.jpg

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Cool idea, way to gain some information Norm,

Recently Boomboxery members Miles, SLO and Dr DER's attended the Los Angeles Comic Con for the KRUSH GROOVE screening. SLO pointed out to me that this little Soundesign 4632 plays in integral part in the film. The Fat Boys utilize this box in the opening scenes and then again during a rap sequence. My wife picked this up for me and it is in perfect condition. I rebelted it and it is 100% working.

20161122_163305.jpg20161122_163315.jpg20161122_163320.jpg

Superduper

Member (SA)
Here is a fairly rare one. This is a redbenjoe box, complete with his signature boo boo stickers. It looks like a 3-piecer, but it's not, it's a 1-piece box. It looks like it's a mini, but the sound is anything but mini. In fact, it's not a bass monster but it can hold it's own with many boxes in fidelity and loudness. It is well featured, not just that it has CD as well as cassette but it also has an interesting clock radio wheel type AM/FM tuner, 5-band equalizier built into the cassette door, auto-reverse deck, timer, synchro tape/cd feature, signature Panasonic ambiance mode, and true line-in for a 4-source boombox (line, tuner, cd, cassette). I had certain expectations of it simply by it's looks. That is, until the moment I turned this on and auditioned it, which turned my expectations completely upside down. I am very happy to have this in my collection.

panasonic_fd-80_2.jpg

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Ok so I can't believe there is no CEC OL7540 on wiki site. Here is my personal minty CEC with fatdog made labels and copy of owners manual :-)

IMG_4255.JPGIMG_4190.JPGIMG_4189.JPGIMG_4188.JPGIMG_4257.JPGIMG_4256.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.