New Traditional Style BB's With Cassette,Radio, USB, SD Slot, Bluetooth & More.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Was I surprised? I guess not after noticing the resurgence of interest in traditional BB's. When I first glanced at this I thought it was just another 'normal' 80's mini but the Auna Duke Retro Boombox is the contemporary counterpart at around £40.00. Despite having a Bass control knob there is no Treble control thus making this a 'Tone box', I really do think the designers missed a trick there.

Highlights:
Portable ghetto blaster in the 80s look with Bluetooth,
USB and SD connection,
Bluetooth interface for wireless music playback from smartphones, tablets or computers.
MP3-capable USB port and SD slot for playing music from USB sticks, MP3 players and SD memory cards
Cassette deck on the front.
Separate control panel for playing via Bluetooth, SD and USB.

auna duke retro boombox.jpg

http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/auna-Duke-Retro-Boombox-Portable-Cassette-player-USB-SD-Bluetooth-FM-Radio_i35879.htm

EDIT: Also available in black.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
WOW, I haven't seen anyone ass a cassette deck to a bluetooth box yet. That is awesome, $40 is a damn fair price too.

May have to add that to the collection

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
I can't find any customer feedback on this model and I'm not a big fan of trendy black glossy plastic but I just may stick my neck out on this one just to find out, I'll see.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
At that price, expect the tape deck to be horrible, unstable and with limited frequency range. After the 90's nobody made a good tape deck that I'm aware of. Even JVC Kaboom tape decks were pretty bad.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
At that price, expect the tape deck to be horrible, unstable and with limited frequency range. After the 90's nobody made a good tape deck that I'm aware of. Even JVC Kaboom tape decks were pretty bad.
For 39 euro's, I wouldn't expect much. That chinese cassette to USB recorder was low kb rate in mono only. so I would expect the same.

But to have a simple cassette for listening around the house, seems like a low risk.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
ralrein1 said:
Looks pretty damn cool to me . Thanks there MyOhMy for posting it. So......ya gonna get one? If ya do please do a review. Enquiring minds wanna know.
Mmmm, I dunno after reading the comments so far. Not being an expert on the finer points of component specifications, I'd probably pass it on after an initial use so a more technically minded person can strip it down for a thorough look-see - but don't hold your breath just yet.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i say we need a special $$ fund to contribute to our brave members who a willing take the gamble on brand new boxes-
be like our clubs testing lab :-)

thats a real nice looking box discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.