Sharp vz2000 side a tone arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallywally

Member (SA)
Sep 24, 2011
canada
I'm looking for info on how to access the tone arm belt on the door (side a) of my sharp vz2000. I've never had an issue with this box until I was last listening to a record and it quit tracking mid record. The tone arm would pivot or deflect form it's vertical position until it could no longer and skip back playing a 30 second loop. Any ideas?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
dallywally said:
I'm looking for info on how to access the tone arm belt on the door (side a) of my sharp vz2000. I've never had an issue with this box until I was last listening to a record and it quit tracking mid record. The tone arm would pivot or deflect form it's vertical position until it could no longer and skip back playing a 30 second loop. Any ideas?
The record groove advance pulse motor belt is either loose or broken.
This could be the reason.
You need to open it up and replace the belt.
It is a 4" circumference belt. That is what I remember.

worthy100

Member (SA)
Dec 25, 2016
hello and thank you for letting me join
this may have been asked before but here we go
all my vz 2000 is working except the tone are wont lower any one any ideas what could be wrong
thank you and all the best
paul

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
baddboybill said:
hello and thank you for letting me join
this may have been asked before but here we go
all my vz 2000 is working except the tone are wont lower any one any ideas what could be wrong
thank you and all the best
paul
Pulling it apart to see if belt is bad/loose is first step.
Use these instructions
https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/8850-sharp-vz-2000-strip-down-instructions/?hl=%2Bstrip+%2Bdown+%2B2000
badboybill the belt is for back and forth motion of the stylus, a solenoid controls its up/down position. On mine it engages only briefly before it retracts and the stylus goes back up. I WISH it was a belt, that would be easier to fix :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.