Hello from Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

grazilla

Member (SA)
Sep 28, 2016
Missouri, USA
Hi everybody,
Been lurking around here for a bit and finally decided to write this up. Been interested in boomboxes for a long time (had a couple as a kid in the 80's - uncle worked for Sanyo for a while), and looking to get myself a little something probably around Christmas. Did some googling and ended on this awesome site. I should have somewhere around $150 to drop on something, which I know isn't a lot, but are there certain models that you guys see for around that range that I should keep an eye out for? Is there anywhere else I should be looking besides ebay? Thanks in advance for the help.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Welcome to the forum. You've plenty to choose from and $150 can buy you something good...most of mine cost me less :-)

Best way to do it is check out eBay, find one you like the look of, then check in here and we'll tell you whether it's any good or not. Depends where you are, what you want from a boombox, how much you money have, but most of all it depends on good luck lol :-)

grazilla

Member (SA)
Sep 28, 2016
Missouri, USA
Yeah, kind of what I figured. I haven't been looking too long, but it seems like I've been seeing a lot of broken stuff around $100 and under, or fully working, nice boxes at $300 and above. Guess I'll just stay vigilant on ebay. Thanks for the Welcome!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, grazilla! You can buy some really good boomboxes for $150. Take your time in finding one that you really like and then be ready when the opportunity arises to snag one. :yes:

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome mate, as the others have said you can snag a good box for 150 if your vigalant. Start filling up that ebay watch list! Check your local classifieds to, hit a swap meet (i think thats what you guys call em?)

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Welcome aboard! $150 is a solid budget to start. These things are getting harder to find locally so eBay isn't a bad bet. Be sure to know what it is you have a passion for so you'll be satisfied when dropping the cash. :-)

grazilla

Member (SA)
Sep 28, 2016
Missouri, USA
Reli said:
Hello and welcome!

Since your family has history with Sanyo, I would run with this:

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/25672-fs-sanyo-m9994/

Best build quality and sound quality of any box that size, IMO
I guess I don't have enough posts to view that thread, but I did google that box and I like it quite a bit. Thanks for the recommendation. BTW, I've seen a few of your videos on YouTube. Nice work.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
welcome to this great site -

in case you are not familiar with ebay --
just be prepared for auction prices to often $$ double during the last 15 seconds -
so just bid whats comfortable for you-
or
its best if you get lucky and jump on an ebay buy-it-now sale

Status
Not open for further replies.