Lasonic TRC-931 2nd edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Did you notice that there's a second belt on deck A? It's also on the motor spindle, it's very small, maybe around 2", but looks like a real mofo to replace, you can't just pop it off. It's between two plates that would require some amount of disassembly. Thankfully mine is okay!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
BoomboxBrandon said:
Are they different sizes for a first edition 931?
This I don't know, But I will be doing a 1st gen in a few months, I will post up in the belts section when I do.

I just sent a message to member Dr Der, he just did a pair of 931's, If I hear back, I will post it here

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
SBS16 for the top deck, bottom (on my 2nd edition) doesn't take an SBS 8. Mine had two 4.7's (one for counter) and what looks like a 6-ish (didn't measure but was slightly larger than the other matching 2.

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Hajidub said:
SBS16 for the top deck, bottom (on my 2nd edition) doesn't take an SBS 8. Mine had two 4.7's (one for counter) and what looks like a 6-ish (didn't measure but was slightly larger than the other matching 2.
SBS16 for top deck, a little tricky to put on since you have a handful more screws to remove to access the deck. I just did Tape B yesterday for my 931 2nd ed. Tape B takes (2) belts SBS 4.6 and SBS 5.1. 5.1 goes from the motor (accessible by 1 small screw) to right reel on top, 4.6 goes from right reel bottom to left reel gear linkage. Both accessible from inside without moving Tape B screws. I did not belt up the counter since no manual is available and couldn't find how it connected. Both decks work with no excessive W&F.

Status
Not open for further replies.