What happened to.....?

Who should we mass contact first and entice them to check in?

• Holleyrockets

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Blah Blah

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • MasterBlaster84

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Vladi123456

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Viennasound

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Walkgirl

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Monolithic

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
You know those what-happened-to shows regarding personalities who once was well known but whom since has apparently dropped off the face of the earth? Like the star of a popular TV series, whom after show was cancelled was never seen from again?

We have many members who were very active at one time, but whom have since been never seen from again. May I propose that once/week or month, that we nominate one "previous" valued member and everyone, all at once, PM, Email, Snail-mail, Call, Text, visit, shout at, bump into, or otherwise harass (er.. remind) them into coming back to check in with at least a single post to let us know how they are doing? I have a few in mind right now that we can start with. We can just let them know that they are on our minds.

============= Edit ================

I've added a poll. It's just an arbitrary list of some memorable members in no particular order and no particular reason. Eventually, I'd like for us to contact and convince all previously very well regarded and active members to come back and maybe just say hi. Even better, maybe just give an update and a sentence or two regarding how things are going and what they are up to nowadays. So lets run this poll for... say 1-week and then we contact each of those members one at a time, based on the top vote getters? You can vote for more than one at a time. You can vote for them all but then if everyone did that, there will be no re-ordering in which case we can just contact them in the same order as the poll. Thanks for participating.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Sounds good, I know a few upstanding members who have been MIA..
A few months back I tried texting 1 person in particular, and didnt receive a reply.. :-/

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
nice plan -

for example --i think we all miss our train conductor friend from austria -
he had an endless supply of local flea market boxes --
and always took them home on his scooter-
he was also a very generous supplier of rare boxes for us members-
his favorite was philips stuff

Superduper

Member (SA)
So with the Vegas meet coming up, how about we make a plan to start after the meet so as to give everyone a chance to get back home and be available to participate, since in order for this to work, or at least improve the success of each attack... er, reminder, we would need all hands on deck! :thumbsup:

In the meantime, let's start by throwing a few names out there and see if we can find some consensus on which victim (member) to harass (remind) first. Ira, I'm ashamed to say that I already forgot Roman's user name here since he's been gone so long. :no:

Once we collect a handful of names, we can start a poll to vote on whom to forensically track down first. :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
Superduper said:
first. Ira, I'm ashamed to say that I already forgot Roman's user name here since he's been gone so long

same here ??--but fatdog will know
---------------------

another blast from the past was ' baby boomer ' and/or did he have a different name here ?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
redbenjoe said:
nice plan -

I think you mean viennasound Redben :-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Granted, I haven't been here in quite a while myself, but these are some of the names I miss seeing here at Boomboxery. If they have been active recently, please let me know and I'll remove them from the list.

71spud
ahardb0dy
Aiwa
AK74
alfie
analogboi
appleknocker
Arkay
autobot84
AZA
Barrys_Bapz
beatbox
BENDYCAT
beverlyjean2
bill
blah blah
Boom Shaka Laka
bredgeo
chevyman-uy
ClaretBadger
devol-toni
docs
ea1987
Electric K
Eric
erniejade
fins5
Fresh_Bacon
fresh produce
frontside5
geoffhartwell
GHETTOBLASTER4LIFE
hollyrockets
jameswp67
Jboogie2384
jimski
JLF
Kid Sensation
kraftmatic
lazanas
ledmeter
LLOPEZ
mac daddy freshness
manleytronix
Master Z
MasterBlaster84
MistaKeith
=ml=
MONOLITHIC
nikamichi
ohboy
ozone
Patron
Petey Awol
prime
RadioRaheem
r o y a l
Retro Addict
RockE
shane higgins
Smokin_Endo
sony_apm_fan
>Stereophonic<
Stranj-Boomboks
tablaboom
teisco
TRC-911
Uncle Ed
ViennaSound
vladi123456
walkgirl

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Holy cow Bobby that's a lot of em'. I think some have posted recently but just small posts like Hemiguy2006 mmcodomino
Old School Scott just to name a few. But I agree with hoping everything ok with them all. I know I needed a little time away and took off over a year but now back in full force. Some people may need more time off but some and I can't remember his name but he was selling off his Boomboxes and his new hobby was go carts. 🤔

Bad Boy Bill

Superduper

Member (SA)
Blasterpunk posts here from time to time when he needs something or has something to sell, I thinks he's been here recently.

Hardmen is here and has some current active posts.

I've seen Kenpat with very recent posts

I've also seen vintageman around from time to time.

Milosancho also pops in now and then.

Same with Ford93.

None of those listed above would be, in my opinion, awol.

BMoney should be on the list though, he's been missing for years.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Superduper said:
You know those what-happened-to shows regarding personalities who once was well known but whom since has apparently dropped off the face of the earth? Like the star of a popular TV series, whom after show was cancelled was never seen from again?

We have many members who were very active at one time, but whom have since been never seen from again. May I propose that once/week or month, that we nominate one "previous" valued member and everyone, all at once, PM, Email, Snail-mail, Call, Text, visit, shout at, bump into, or otherwise harass (er.. remind) them into coming back to check in with at least a single post to let us know how they are doing? I have a few in mind right now that we can start with. We can just let them know that they are on our minds.

What say you all?
Awe Norm how sweet. You missed me? I know I haven't been around lately, but I haven't left, just busy.

Wait. You're talking about me, right? Haha.

Actually that's a pretty fun idea. I like it.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
I've been posting lately I too have been also caught up with life's dynamics.

I miss Uncle Ed, Monolithic, MasterBlaster84, Monchito, ahardb0dy, appleknocker and I believe Drip Tip uses a different name here I could be wrong but I think it's Patron just to name a few.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
redbenjoe said:
nice plan -