• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#61 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hello. This is Rob Owens. Co-creator of the BumpBoxx with David Southern. I would be happy to answer any questions here in this open forum. Also my direct email for media is rob@bumpboxx.com

Just want to thank you for creating a boombox that was meant for use on the streets. I look forward to using mine. I plan on having at least 2 of them. Keep up the good work.

#62 riker1068

riker1068
  • Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA Jacksonville

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:51 AM

The red white and blue was what I was thinking of doing as well. Blue is what I chose.

#63 bumpboxx

bumpboxx
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

I think we can possibly send a discount code here to give a discount on our website when it goes live. Hit us up near the end of the month. Then we can create a code when they start shipping.

#64 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 9,808 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

I think we can possibly send a discount code here to give a discount on our website when it goes live. Hit us up near the end of the month. Then we can create a code when they start shipping.

Very cool!

#65 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

I agree that the Aiwa has very good bass, very natural, but in my experience, the bass from the kaboom is extremely hard to beat and I'm not inclined to agree that the Aiwa bass is "better" than the kaboom.  However, the kaboom bass is capable of being very "boomy" whereas the Aiwa sounds more natural and HiFi.

Kaboom bass is that type of bass that's good for movie soundtracks.....warm and room-filling......but it sucks for old school hip-hop because it isn't tight enough.  IMO at least.

#66 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hello and thanks! Well it all started 2 years ago. I have been collecting vintage boomboxes for years and thought to myself there are all these small Bluetooth speakers and all of these trolley style PA systems that lack a nostalgic feel. I felt that people were ready to be taken back to their childhood again. It's a time that most of us can relate with. It's a time that we don't mind prying into because of all the great memories. And I wanted to create the loudest Boombox with a deep bass and crisp highs. I believe we accomplished that. We also wanted it to be rechargeable and last all day. We can not take a BumpBoxx out in public without getting stopped 30-40 times and a crowd of people. That's when I knew we were on to something. We originally produced 1200 units and are prepared to start shipping those units at the end of October. But high demands from independent dealers all over the country we have now started the production of 4,000 additional units that will make it before Christmas. We are so happy to bring you all the BumpBoxx!!!

Thanks for the msg. Looks like you guys are in Stockton?  Do you receive finished units there?

#67 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

Stockton is local for me. Is it possible to buy it and pick it up directly?

#68 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

Stockton is local for me. Is it possible to buy it and pick it up directly?

Yeah that's what I'm screamin.

Green for me.

#69 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,099 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

This is great, welcome to the site bumpboxx and thanks for putting together a nice blaster.

#70 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

Awesome I know when I got extra funds I'm getting the blue one for sure!!! Thank you

#71 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • LocationSeattle-Tacoma, WA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

Is it just me, or does anybody else find it pretty cool to be part of a group/site that gets an acknowledgement from some of these manufacturing companies? Lasonic, Aiwa, this gentleman from Bumpboxx.

I mean I don't know how much we affect the sales or trends of these radios, but it must be enough to be worth the kindness of these people to take the time to create a login and say hello to us.

Pretty cool. I could be over thinking it though.

#72 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

Is it just me, or does anybody else find it pretty cool to be part of a group/site that gets an acknowledgement from some of these manufacturing companies? Lasonic, Aiwa, this gentleman from Bumpboxx.

I mean I don't know how much we affect the sales or trends of these radios, but it must be enough to be worth the kindness of these people to take the time to create a login and say hello to us.

Pretty cool. I could be over thinking it though.

That is pretty damn cool!

Man, I can't wait to see this thing in person. OF ALL THE PRODUCTS we have seen, this is the closest looking too our classic blasters....and it's FREAKING HUGE!

#73 bumpboxx

bumpboxx
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:37 PM

We believe it's good folks like you that paved the way for us. Without you who would we be? As collectors ourselves we wanted to create something that was great sounding and decently priced with as many features as we could fit in. We are beyond blessed to be closing in on the ship date. We can't wait to get one in everyone's hands so we can see all the faces light up with joy! Bump On!!!

#74 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:40 PM

Welcome Rob!

I can't wait to hear it as my buddy Jimmy ordered one.

Look out Ira I believe you've got some competition with the green army jacket. :w00t:

#75 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

Welcome Rob!

I can't wait to hear it as my buddy Jimmy ordered one.

Look out Ira I believe you've got some competition with the green army jacket. :w00t:

Cool so I should be able to check it out too.

#76 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationN.W. Tn.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

Looks like a great concept,I'll have to look closely and check out features.
Looks good,I do love cassettes but as long as it has line-in/aux then it has definite possibilities.
Nice to see the designer/owner here to,I believe you were or are followingg me on Instagram or something.
I'll look into this and see how the Aiwa and thus unit compare in price and sound.😎📟📻

#77 riker1068

riker1068
  • Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA Jacksonville

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:25 AM

Shipping has be upped from the end of October to now Nov 9th  :sadno:  :catfight:

#78 Vintage Man

Vintage Man
  • Members
  • 398 posts
  • LocationOSHAWA ONTARIO CANADA

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:35 PM

Only 9 days more to wait. I ordered the red one. It will be going to PA where my brother Ernie marody has also ordered red. Will be linking up 2 when I arrive and open mine!

#79 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:04 AM

Green FTW....the high-performance color

#80 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,161 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:29 AM

You guys must be stoked you're getting your Bumpboxxes soon!

They are huge!!!!!!!!!

Yellow tape shows the size comparison with a V5.0/Conion C100F sized box!!

Can't wait for the reviews!! :-)
Attached File  IMG_3061.JPG   112.32K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3062.JPG   115.3K   1 downloads

#81 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

How would The Donald say it?

It's gonna be "UUUUGE."

#82 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

They are GARGANTUAN.

The Dynasty HT-959 Wheely is 33 1/3" x 18" x 8". The Bumpboxx is 3 inches longer!

#83 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

How deep and tall is the Wheely? Crazy to think they made this bigger. Is it lighter though as well? That'd be cool.

I suppose since it won't have any tuner or cassette that that's totally doable.

#84 bklyn sound

bklyn sound
  • Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:37 AM

Can't wait to get my red one !!!!!!!!!!!!

#85 bklyn sound

bklyn sound
  • Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

Hello. This is Rob Owens. Co-creator of the BumpBoxx with David Southern. I would be happy to answer any questions here in this open forum. Also my direct email for media is rob@bumpboxx.com

welcome to the site can't wait to get mine car show season has begun in Florida and I need something to jam

#86 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

It's great to see many of you guys finally come around to accepting a box made of wood!! :-) I believe the Bumpboxx designers drew inspiration more from what the thousands of builders in the DIY Boombox community were building than from vintage boxes when they designed the casing for the Bumpboxx.

e.g.
Attached File  IMG_3080.PNG   985.39K   3 downloads

I tried telling you guys years ago that this type of box setup would end up ruling the streets and almost everybody thought I was crazy!!! :lol: :lol:

And they haven't been stingy with the features or greedy with the pricing!!

Well done Bumpboxx!!!!! :-) :rock:

#87 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:39 PM

You already order yours Jimmy? Lol.

#88 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

You already order yours Jimmy? Lol.

Nah, I can't afford one! :lol: It must be awesome to have access to unique components like that light bar though - but you need to be making 1000s of them for the Chinese manufacturers to be interested - I know, I looked into it years ago.

Plus the Chinese wanted an ongoing piece of my business and sales which I wasn't prepared to give up.

Well, 3 years later, the Bumpboxx guys had the capital and business skills to make it happen so good on them!

The way they have promoted the Bumpboxx is next level too - just amazing.

Rock on Bumpboxx!!! :rock: :rock:

#89 hardmen

hardmen
  • Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationItapevi - São Paulo - Brasil

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:06 AM

Really wanted "one day" to own one Bump or DJTech... ...but prices (based on currency) makes me stay far away from that... ...Plus tools and parts these days access me to made "my own" devices just for experience, so I'm happy for live that days of David in some cases, beat the Goliath in terms of sound output on that new boxes.

Cheers.

#90 bumpboxx

bumpboxx
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

Goodmorning from BumpBoxx! We have been working non stop to bring you this project. And we will be shipping very soon. We can't wait to hear all the reviews. Enjoy your day!