White noise troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVH

Member (SA)
Jul 4, 2016
Hello guys,

I'm still struggling with my white noise/hum problem.
If nothing is connected to the board (only the speakers), and it is in tape mode, there is a large hum / white noise. It is also clearly hearable when playing music. Either through line in or tape.
The strange thing is, that it is not there / way less noticable when on a clear radio channel.
Where could the problem possibly lay, I suppose the radio is connected to the pre amp too ? right ?
Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FztOJ-H72pI

Thank you in advance,

IVH

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Wow, the back ground hiss really is loud - my 3D7 certainly doesn't have that issue. I had a GF-9494 a while back that had a similar hiss sound whilst on tape mode - it turned out to be an issue with the shielding for the tape head cables. Without the intact shielding, the cables picked up every electrical noise etc in the environment.

But if its doing it on tuner mode, then another issue must exist.

IVH

Member (SA)
Jul 4, 2016
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Wow, the back ground hiss really is loud - my 3D7 certainly doesn't have that issue. I had a GF-9494 a while back that had a similar hiss sound whilst on tape mode - it turned out to be an issue with the shielding for the tape head cables. Without the intact shielding, the cables picked up every electrical noise etc in the environment.

But if its doing it on tuner mode, then another issue must exist.
Yeah, it sure is, it is louder than the music playing :/
Sorry if I was not clear, but it is not happening in tuner mode !
It only happens in tape mode even when nothing is connected to the board (tape deck disconnected)

Status
Not open for further replies.