While Jamming to my 80's Fisher component Stereo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Blasting some 80's music and I noticed one of speakers had no sound from mid range. So I pulled mid range speaker out and swapped with other speaker and it worked fine. Then tested out capacitor and resistor and found cap was bad. So I ordered new cap and resistor to replace. Looking forward to getting this back to full sound!!! 🤑

Bad Boy Bill

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Nice system, Bill. I wish they still made them like that.

:drool:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Nice system, Bill. I wish they still made them like that.

:drool:

Thanks Bobby😛
I agree 👍. They just don't make them like they use to.

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Well got the new cap and replaced it. Resistor was fine. Midrange now 100%. Did some stuff to deck as well. Left deck auto stop kept activating. Turned out a tiny spring on auto stop mode was not hooked up properly. both decks needed the the auto stop mechanism old grease cleaned off and fresh added. So now auto stop works perfect and left deck don't activate auto stop in normal play mode 👍. Also replaced one of the pinch rollers and cleaned other one. 👌.

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Pulled deck apart one more time because the play only deck had issues with the reels sticking so I took them both off and cleaned old grease and applied new grease and works perfect. Reels even run quiet again 😀. Also had to replace one of the light bulbs on CD player panel

Bad Boy Bill

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Ahhh the old Studio Standard series by Fisher. Got the RS-914A AM/FM receiver myself. Like it a lot,got it from Montgomery Wards Electric Avenue back in the early 90's. Good stuff for the money. Very nice to hear you got your system up and running in top shape there Bill.👍👍

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Nice pics bill!

It is so much fun to listen to old stereo systems.

I got so many like that around the house. It is a mess now!

I know what you mean bro!!! Yeah and Jeannie wonders why I keep all my older stuff ??

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Ahhh the old Studio Standard series by Fisher. Got the RS-914A AM/FM receiver myself. Like it a lot,got it from Montgomery Wards Electric Avenue back in the early 90's. Good stuff for the money. Very nice to hear you got your system up and running in top shape there Bill.👍👍

Awesome!!! Wish my brother hadn't blown my original system that I had from 86' out 👎

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida

Awesome!!! Wish my brother hadn't blown my original system that I had from 86' out 👎

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida

Bad Boy Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.