• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#211 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

Ive actually got my arse into gear and ordered issues 1, 2 and 3. They were printed and shipped about a week ago so I guess ive got about a further week or 10 days to wait :thumbsup:

Excellent, thank you, hope you enjoy them

GOOD NEWS ON THE HOME FRONT....

I just received an official email from trade marking, my brother Will and I own the rights to Boombox Magazine!

We can now move forward with some other steps we were waiting on.

Ah, I may have to bring my issues to the UK meet with me and get them signed :-D

#212 SLO

SLO
  • Members
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, Southern California

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

This is great news, so does this mean that Dave and I still have jobs? LOL. Congrats to both of you Chris and Will!

#213 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:33 AM

Congratulations Chris & Will! :clap:  :clap:

Thanks Brother 

That's awesome guys! Great news! I'm curious, whats it take & cost to trademark something these days?

That's pretty big news man. Congratulations.

All finished it was just under $1k when it was all said and done.

Ive actually got my arse into gear and ordered issues 1, 2 and 3. They were printed and shipped about a week ago so I guess ive got about a further week or 10 days to wait :thumbsup:

Excellent, thank you, hope you enjoy them

GOOD NEWS ON THE HOME FRONT....

I just received an official email from trade marking, my brother Will and I own the rights to Boombox Magazine!

We can now move forward with some other steps we were waiting on.

Ah, I may have to bring my issues to the UK meet with me and get them signed :-D

Ha Ha, there you go! 

This is great news, so does this mean that Dave and I still have jobs? LOL. Congrats to both of you Chris and Will!

Yep, your still the west coast's roving reporter's!

#214 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:17 AM

Here are some more updates on the magazine

We got our:

"NOTIFICATION OF "NOTICE OF PUBLICATION" trademark application (Serial No.**********) is scheduled to publish in the Official Gazette on Jul 25, 2017

This means that after this, we can put the little TM below our logo and resume business.

​Next, I have been in contact with a real printing company that was recommended to us from Rob owner of Bumpboxx. Phone calls have been made (had to wake up at 3am to return his call in the States), emails have been sent, print samples have been requested and the ball is rolling.

The ultimate goals are:

half the current magazine cost or better

increase the number of pages

continued purchases of back issues

combine shipping with multiple orders

worldwide low cost shipping

We have also partnered with JavisBoomTech youtube page. Javi came out to the Venice Beach meet at the start of July and was blow away to see all the radios. He had the chance to meet personally with his fans, which he has never done. He is going to write about all the new tech and I will cover the old.

We have also added a second proof reader who is also a writer.

Dr DER and SLO are going to handle interviews on the West Coast so we can hopefully bring you more Hip Hop artist interviews.

As you can see, there is tons of work being.

More to come!

#215 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

Many thanks for the update and further insight into the endless behind the scenes work done by so many of you with little recognition for your efforts.  All you've done so far, and continue to do, is very much appreciated.   :yes:  :rock:

#216 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Many thanks for the update and further insight into the endless behind the scenes work done by so many of you with little recognition for your efforts.  All you've done so far, and continue to do, is very much appreciated.   :yes:  :rock:

Thanks you M.O.M. We're building a team and getting things done. I think it's all going to make some something special

#217 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

The future looks bright for the 'Official Boombox Magazine'. :rock:

With Chris at the helm and with help from his minions, I'm sure this magazine venture will be an ever expanding success.

James.... :-)

#218 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

The future looks bright for the 'Official Boombox Magazine'. :rock:

With Chris at the helm and with help from his minions, I'm sure this magazine venture will be an ever expanding success.

James.... :-)

Whether it's successful or not isn't as important as creating something special for the true collectors and the fans of the Boombox! It's for you hard cores!

#219 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,007 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Sounds like some good progress is being made...nice :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boombox magazine