PLEASE READ: If you will be attending the Vegas Boombox Summit in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
Hey guys, our historic meet is less than two months away and it's time to start finalizing the event. Thank you Dave for working out all the details for the t-shirts. I hope everyone will buy one and represent our summit to the fullest. Can't wait for that group picture with all of us wearing the shirts.

A few months back I posted a lot of information and possible ideas for our meet. Whatever we do, our meet is going to be awesome. Whether it'd be hanging out in the bar, lobby or blasting in the street we are going to have the time of our lives. But it would really be nice if at some point we had a central place to meet up and have the opportunity to blast our radios and check out everything that we have brought. That's a little difficult to do in the lobby or at the bar. In fact, if we try to blast our radios in those places we will probably get thrown out. So the only viable alternative to having that experience is renting out a conference room. The room would have tables, chairs and power outlets for us to connect our boxes. The room would also include a Mexican lunch buffet. This would also allow us to have demonstrations such as how to replace tape deck belts and add LED lights to a radio's tuner. Members like Chris (Lasonic TRC-920) and Joe (blu_fuz) have volunteered to give some of these work shops.

But in order to have this experience it's going to take a financial commitment on the part of members that have the ability to contribute. Like I posted in the stickied thread, it would cost about $1,000 including gratuity. If 20 members donate $50 we will reach our goal of $1,000. So far the following 5 members have agreed to donate $50 each.

howie1976 (Me)
Thafuzz (Adam)
Lasonic TRC-920 (Chris)
SLO (Steve)
mancardo (Manny)

That means we currently have $250 towards the conference room. We need 15 more members to help out towards this goal.

I know that $50 can be a lot to ask when you consider that you all are already spending money on travel and hotel accommodations. So it's totally understandable if you can not contribute. But if you're in a position to contribute then let's see if we can make it happen and have our meet reach epic levels.

REMEMBER LUNCH WILL BE INCLUDED!!!!

Remember ALL we be welcomed regardless of whether you were able to financially contribute or not. We are all one big family and we always support one another no matter what. Those who can contribute this time may not be able to in the future and others may help them out. It's called good karma.

The conference room would be booked from 12 to 4 on Saturday September 24th. Lunch will be available from 12-2.

Once we reach the $1,000 pledge from our members, I'm going to need you to send me funds via PayPal so I can secure the room for us.

Remember please be sure that you can commit to what you offer.

Thanks and I hope we can reach our goal. Together we can make this happen.

If no one responds than I know we as a group are unable to make this happen and we will just have to make due with what's available for free.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm not saying I won't help pitch in, but dang $1000 for a few hours seems like a lot.

I can't wait to see you guys.

Is there any other option for a gathering place with power?

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
blu_fuz said:
I'm not saying I won't help pitch in, but dang $1000 for a few hours seems like a lot.

I can't wait to see you guys.

Is there any other option for a gathering place with power?
Joe, well technically the room is free. 😉 To use the room we have to spend a minimum of $800 in food. Then there is a set up fee and gratuity which actually brings the total to $1,017.

So remember that the $50 donation is also gonna get you a lunch buffet along with the room.

I wish I could find a better deal but this is the best we have.

Please don't shoot the messenger!!😋

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
I wonder if a nearby "Gentlemans Club" would host a room with multiple electrical outlets if we patronized say $500 of their services..? Hmm..? HMMM..? :yes: Babes AND Blasters

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'll pledge for up to two additional people besides myself ($150) if needed.
JC if that saved a bunch of cash I realllly like that option :w00t:
But unless someone knows how to work that, I'm stickin' with Howie.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
JustCruisin said:
I wonder if a nearby "Gentlemans Club" would host a room with multiple electrical outlets if we patronized say $500 of their services..? Hmm..? HMMM..? :yes: Babes AND Blasters
I like how you think James! But that's gonna be a hard sell for me with my wife!😕

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
caution said:
I'll pledge for up to two additional people besides myself if needed.
JC I if that saved a bunch of cash I realllly like that option :w00t:
But unless someone knows how to work that, I'm stickin' with Howie.
Thanks Eric, we all really appreciate your generosity!👍

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Oh, that includes the meals. I could see that working alright. I like JCs option too, hahahaha

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
JustCruisin said:
Haha, I like your style JC, my 3 year old son is a lady killer and all, but my wife may frown upon the "unsanitary" environment

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Don't hotel conference rooms normally have a BS "engineer fee" as well?

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
If we make this happen, it will be a good place where we can all admire all the Boomers we're taking to the meet. No matter how loud we get..it will be our room and they cannot tell us to lower it down. Let's make this happen!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
mancardo said:
If we make this happen, it will be a good place where we can all admire all the Boomers we're taking to the meet. No matter how loud we get..it will be our room and they cannot tell us to lower it down. Let's make this happen!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
I agree Manny. This will truly turn our event from a meet to a true summit. 👍

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
Thanks so much for those of you that said you would pitch in and that we can count on you. But I need you to do another favor. Could you all commit specifically to a certain amount? Right now I can truthfully say that we have $250 towards our goal. I want to be able to say that we have more but I'm not totally clear who else is exactly in and for how much. If you can please make it easy on me and just say something like "I'm willing to commit $?? amount towards helping make this happen."

This way there is no confusion and I can update how much we truly have for this. Hope that makes sense.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
Hisrudeness said:
Seems like a good idea for you members going.
A bit safer for the boxes, secure, climate control and tacos and burritos and whatnot!

Wish I was coming..
We wish you were there too brother. Thanks for supporting the idea!👍

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
howie1976 said:
We wish you were there too brother. Thanks for supporting the idea!
I haven't been to Vegas in years. I used to go to watch the fights if I had money.
Saw Hamed vs Barrera in 2001 at the MGM and Saw the late Diego Corrales vs Castillo 2 at the Thomas & Mack in 2005. The exchange rate was 1.60 - 1.70 dollar to the £ in those days!
Maybe in the future if you have more of these summits in Vegas and there's a UFC card on the same weekend!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Howie, thanks for all the time and energy you've put into this! I am sure everyone really appreciates it.

I am willing to contribute, but I just want to make sure we couldn't use one or two of our suites to do this? I mean, I know people sleep late in Vegas, but I doubt anyone would complain in the late afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.