M90 Restored Thanks to y'all on Boomboxery :-) JT & Chronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Hello Everyone.

I want to give a big shout out and thanks to the following two members here on Boomboxery. If you know these folks direct them to this post.
JaeTee (for the opportunity to own this wonderful machine) and Chronic for the parts.

Thanks in effort to us all and to the website to allow us to bond we now have another M90 restored to full working condition in the world. What a rare and wonderful experience this whole endeavor has been for me. All has been worth while for me. Never imagined I would ever have the opportunity to own this or my Gold C100.

I'll keep my parts box just in case another componenet you cant get goes South but I hope this will be many years down the road. I now plan to enjoy this machine for now so...talk at y'all later.

Here is my short video clip on my dropbox account. Available for download if you wish from the site.

Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpbyuunk4igh14p/JVCM-90.mpg?dl=0

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
BoomboxLover48 said:
Have fun! :rock: :rock:
Thanks BoomboxLover48. This July 4th I intend to have a "blast"....no pun intended. What perfect timing. After 2 months of waiting I get to have it for the Holiday!! :thumbsup: I'm about 3 sheets to the wind (celebrating) but only 3 cassettes out of 40 played...lol

Spring/Summer has a unique way of bouncing off the chrome. Didn't realize this until after I studied my shot. I'm kinda drunk so ignore the horrible picture framing. I am Rockin' this thing though. I've found that a beer goes way quicker than a cassette.

Good Times :rock: I feel like I'm dreaming but earlier I bumped my head and it hurt like hell so it's real :-P

JVCRC-M90.jpg

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
I couldn't be happier for you. Blast the **** out of that monster this weekend and don't forget to rock the red, white and blues!

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
A dream come true!! Fantastic box man, congrats!

James.... :-)
Thanks James

trippy1313 said:
Way to go! That's great to hear and cool it was restored with help from fellow members.
Yes. I couldn't have done it without the members here. Only teamwork with fellow collectors & enthusiast can bring hard to find parts to the forefront of a project. If you have a M90 be very easy with the volume control. They're all gone except for a donor box.....scary proposition for sure. Alternatives are out there (RX-5050) but results in a few features being inoperative like balance control etc. I just got lucky with Chronic posting up a Chassis for sale on this site. He was a man of his word. Everything was tested and found to be working just as he described. Just like JaeTee....an A+ member for sure and Honest.

ScareDe2 said:
Amazing cosmetic. Glorious.
Thanks ScareDe2. It's nice to belong to a site with folks who know what they're looking at. I go out and expect others to know an iconic piece of machinery and find the majority are unaware just how valuable most of these boxes we own are.

-GZ- said:
I couldn't be happier for you. Blast the fark out of that monster this weekend and don't forget to rock the red, white and blues!
That is so true GZ. If not for the actions of America's finest we would not have the opportunity to enjoy even the simplest of things
including our hobby. God Bless the USA!!!

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Ambience said:
Haha awesome, I can definitely feel the pride and excitement. Congratulations, she's a beauty?
Thanks Ambience

Rimmer36 said:
Sweeeet, i mis my m90 already :-)
Hi Rimmer36. Maybe one day you will have an opportunity to get your M90 back is you desire.

duckman said:
Stellar, just stellar ! :rock:
Wow! Such great responses. Thanks duckman

soundboy said:
Wow you got a keeper !
Thanks soundboy. I hope to enjoy this for many years to come

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
MyOhMy said:
Well done for your dedication to the cause and getting such an excellent result, it's restos like this that are so inspiring to the rest us.
Thanks MyohMy. I'll have to take that statement and run with it. My family thinks I'm nuts. Even when they see what they're selling for the first thing I hear is....."I'd be selling it on eBay right now". Don't want the money I tell them. I would never sink more into something that I couldn't get back (plus a few bucks) but right now, I just want to experience what I never had the ability to when I was growing up. I joined this site with nothing more than my GE and a i-931x (modern knockoff of a TRC-931). To think how far I have come in a short period of time is unbelievable. As long as nothing really bad happens I plan to be here awhile :thumbsup:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
So I finally had a chance to get caught up on this progress after the long weekend. I'm sitting in an instructor-led corporate training class right now, bored out of my skull (but on a break)...

Really glad you got the box back and the parts unit you were lucky enough to pick up from Chronic had everything you needed to get it to 100%!

Now, all you've got to do is blast it as loud & proud as I did! Somehow, I don't think that's going to be a problem! ;)

Thanks for being trusting and doing this deal with me. I'm super happy it stayed in the Boomboxery family!!!!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
This is great news! So many M90's saved lately, it is nice to see.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
What a great success story. I'm restoring my M90 at the moment, this was some good inspiration to get back on it. The volume pot is replaceable, but it might have to be a ganged setup to retain full original functionality. By the way, you asked for feedback at the end of your video. I thought it did a good job capturing the spirit of this hobby well. Your excitement is tangible!

Congrats bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.