Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
In...is for incoming. Out...is for sending signal out

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

ZacMac

Member (SA)
Mar 31, 2016
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
thank you, thats's what I've been doing all along, So I'd use Aux out if say, I wanted to play a cassette via my receiver?

Thank for the answer, I'm totally in love with this box, and paranoid I'm gonna damage it somehow, Already got a new belt kit ordered and put away for whenever it needs them

Zac

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Not that dumb of a question, important though.

My Sister-in-law was over visiting my wife while I wasnt home, I come back and my wife says, "Kalee was using your boombox, but it didn't sound right, it was really quiet."

Thinking great, what happened, I start playing with it, checking everything out, plug in my ipod, sure thing really quiet on max volume. Unplug and look at he connections....

She plugged it into the line out! Somehow forced a signal backwards into the radio. I'm glad she didn't blow something. It was my M70...

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
trippy1313 said:
Not that dumb of a question, important though.

My Sister-in-law was over visiting my wife while I wasnt home, I come back and my wife says, "Kalee was using your boombox, but it didn't sound right, it was really quiet."

Thinking great, what happened, I start playing with it, checking everything out, plug in my ipod, sure thing really quiet on max volume. Unplug and look at he connections....

She plugged it into the line out! Somehow forced a signal backwards into the radio. I'm glad she didn't blow something. It was my M70...
Oh my!

Our treasured boxes are not for them to fool around. No one touch my babies. All my relatives know how much I love them.

duckman

Member (SA)
Oct 30, 2014
Dead Center, Manitoba, Canada
The only dumb question is the one not asked if you need an answer . :-P Great boomer BTW.

Trippy, maybe time to hide the power cords when you are out. I always removed integral patch cords on my hi-fi when leaving house when kids were teenagers ! :yes:

stereomann

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2010
MD
could it really blow something up if it's hooked up wrong?

i made a mistake before hooking a cd player to my sx 1280 receiver i accidentally hooked it to phono instead of AUX. both inputs were close together on the back & i guess i could not really see what i was doing.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
duckman said:
Trippy, maybe time to hide the power cords when you are out. I always removed integral patch cords on my hi-fi when leaving house when kids were teenagers ! :yes:
No kidding! Actually, my wife is smart enough to not touch it if she doesn't know how to do something. The problem was her sister messed with it. I sent her a detailed picture explaining the mistake. Haha.

ZacMac

Member (SA)
Mar 31, 2016
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Haha, well I feel a little better now, Pretty bad when I can clean pots or switches or replace a capacitor but have to ask that, I was more worried about damaging it, But I'm very attached to this box!

Status
Not open for further replies.