Anybody heard the Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2013
It's expensive, made in the USA by two audio engineers from D'Amore Engineering with 30+ years combined experience in designing audio equipment. I also assume that for that price they aren't using $15 chinese bluetooth modules from ebay:) So maybe even that sounds better.

If no one has heard one I say everyone paypals $10 so that one lucky member can win one. The catch is for winning the Diamond they have to do a couple video reviews against some of the better sounding classic boomboxes.

whodini

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2013
Or better yet, order one, do the reviews, and return it before 30 days for a full refund LOL!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
For $799, and it has no USB or SD card input, or even an FM tuner?

Weak....

whodini

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2013
Don't give them any more ideas it will be $1,299 after adding those features:) Just curious if someone has finally created "A suitcase" style boombox that actually has sound that we would consider excellent.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Dear me, when I saw it I had the impression It was a clumsy looking thing put together by a mechanic in a garage. :w00t: Maybe, if it was fully featured, it may be OK - in a garage! :-D :lol:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
It has a nice looking front panel and LED's, but overall it's too boxy and slab-sided. Needs some angles or beveling to provide some surface interest.

Also, the woofers look too small. They should have at least put some trim around them to make them look bigger.

ScareDe2

Member (SA)
May 3, 2016
That would be interesting to compare it with the best 80's ghettoblaster like the JVC M90 or best 3 pieces boombox like the panasonic DT680 or a Sony FH model. But also I would like to hear it 1v1 against the new Sharp GX-M10 who is supposed to be the new king of all bass monsters.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
IMHO, the DiamondBoxx doesn't come anywhere near to a vintage 1 piece like an M90 for looks. (Obviously). The small 4 inch drivers in the DiamondBoxx also look a little too small in relation to the outer casing.

From a technical standpoint though, there is a perfectly valid reason for the speakers beng that size in this sized ported enclosure.

However, in a performance competition, as much as I love the oldies, my money would be on the DiamondBoxx.

James..... :-)

ScareDe2

Member (SA)
May 3, 2016
But that's subjective. One might think that older boomboxes are for "posers".

I respect those who love their portable device for their look, but personally, I'd rather earn my money and invest into a diamondboxx instead of a M90 if it's clear that the diamondboxx is an "unflavored" sound that can play the good old rock and reproduce guitar distortion extremely well with a nice "feel", rather that just pushing hard the last beat from an mp3 song. I still have doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.