Cassettes playing way to fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
My 975 cassette players play fast on the high setting and even faster on the normal speed! Would really like to correct this. Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried cleaning it while I was cleaning the tuner and volume controls. Both of those work excellent now, but cassettes still playing fast.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
6.1SRT said:
My 975 cassette players play fast on the high setting and even faster on the normal speed! Would really like to correct this. Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried cleaning it while I was cleaning the tuner and volume controls. Both of those work excellent now, but cassettes still playing fast.
Also, there is a button marked SPEED next to the Mic and Phone jacks. It is used for high speed tape to tape recording / dubbing. It needs to be set to NORMAL.

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
I've tried both positions and both play fast and in normal it's even faster than the high position

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
6.1SRT said:
I've tried both positions and both play fast and in normal it's even faster than the high position
OK, I would say it's not an adjustment, but a problem in the circuit of that high speed dubbing system. I wonder if you can bypass it all together

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
Was wondering the same thing but without s schematic to follow, I'm kinda lost

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
I don't see any pot after the norm/high switch. The switch is just a push button. I have cleaned it already. Not super knowledgeable on these, but am I to assume the more voltage the cassette mechanism gets, the faster it plays? And vice versa? Could I wire in a pot right before the cassette to lower the voltage and slow down the motor to play normal?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
There is pot I just can't remember exactly where it is 🤔. Post some clear pics of the boards so I don't have to open mine

Bad Boy Bill

moshenskmz

Jul 13, 2017
Im having the same issue with my TRC-935.. going to take it into shop today and will let you guys know if that resistor pot clean works for me.. .thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.