My "Newbie" Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
I gathered these up here and there and the Lasonic was a gift from the wife. Besides the Lasonic, I have roughly $32.00 in these. All work and have functional radios, lights and cassette players. They are nothing super special, but not bad for roughly 6 months of yard sales and flea markets....

Attachments

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
JUMBO!

Hell of a pile for the little cash you have into them.

Nice job hunting them down.

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
Thanks! The hunt is the fun part! You never know what you will find. Rather not spend a ton of cash unless its one of those "gotta have" pieces.

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
Thank! Oops, I just realized I posted in the Walkman section... Yeah, mostly being in the right place at the right time and dumb luck. And being really cheap helps. Like I mentioned in another post, they are something i want, not need, so I will just haggle to get the price down or just walk away. I got the Magnavox for free because I asked them to plug it in and show me it worked, and when they did, it didnt work. They then said they were going to throw it out, i said I would take it off there hands anyways. I got it home and noticed it was on 220 volts and I then switched on to 110 volts and all works as it should....like I said, dumb luck!

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
Today's purchase: Needs some help though. Need antennas, volume knob and tuning knob. What do people use to clean the white speakers? They are very dirty and the right one is a bit stained. I cleaned the outside up and it came out great but the speakers look awful.

Attachments

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I always paint mine with acrylic artists paint, put it on with a wide soft brush, put it on really thinly, and don't do the flexible edges. It'll gleam like new :-)

6.1SRT

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2016
How do you generally prep the speakers? Small vacuum for the dust/dirt I am assuming, but what about the stains? Paint over them?

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Pretty sure member badboybill freshens up his white speakers using bleach and a paint brush or a bleach/water mix. PM him.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I've used both bleach and acrylic white paint depends how dirty they are and to much bleach can ruin speakers. I would suggest wiping them down and using paint brush to paint them with very thin coat.

Bad Boy Bill

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Wow. $32 dollars for all that? What great finds. My wife would be tickled pink if that's all I spend on mine.

Say. Your screen name on here. Does that mean you own an SRT4 or one of the SRT8's? I'm a car guy too so just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.