Taking apart a J-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
Hey guys, could really use some help taking apart my Promax J-1. I want to deoxit the volume and EQ sliders but to do that I have to take out the center chassis. I've got it opened up, I took off the handle and three chassis screws but now I'm stuck. The chassis is loose but is still being held in place. What am I overlooking? Does anything have to come off the front, Tape Decks? Etc.. Could really use all the help I could get. Pictures would be awesome!!! Thanks.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
howie1976 said:
Hey guys, could really use some help taking apart my Promax J-1. I want to deoxit the volume and EQ sliders but to do that I have to take out the center chassis. I've got it opened up, I took off the handle and three chassis screws but now I'm stuck. The chassis is loose but is still being held in place. What am I overlooking? Does anything have to come off the front, Tape Decks? Etc.. Could really use all the help I could get. Pictures would be awesome!!! Thanks.
Right after I posted this, I went back and tried and succeeded.

For any others that find themselves in this same spot, the last thing you need to do once you have completed the steps above, you must open the tape deck doors and that unlocks the chassis from the frame. Thanks Chris for the final tip! Now time to clean! These sliders are filthy!!!image.jpgimage.jpg

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
I'm a fountain of knowledge on boxes I've never seen or worked on! :-)
Dang!!! Can I get your cell number so I can put you as my #1 on my speed dial?😂😂😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.