Sharp GF-777 Sound Balance Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchy_JuiceBox84

Member (SA)
Feb 9, 2016
Space Coast Florida
As I was recently listening to my 777 I realized that the sound is more favored on the right channel than the left. To get balanced sound I have to put the balance knob almost all the way on the left channel. Could this be a speaker issue or something more serious like an amp issue?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
You need to remove the chassis out and spray inside the balance potentiometer and turn it back and forth several times. During that time do the same to other pots also and the long record switch and move the switch manually like 30 times.

I even opened up all the pots and did a good cleaning but was lacking treble on the left channel. I changed the whole amplifier section with no effect.
I tried replacing tweeters not no effect and finally a good cleaning of the long record switch made it work well.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Crunchy_JuiceBox84 said:
I will try cleaning all the pots and switches. I just get really nervous taking it apart
I was also very nervous to take it apart but now I can do it in my sleep.

Just be extra careful and have a large bench top area with styrofoam pads to lay parts. I think it is easy to take apart and work on when compared to other boxes that are smaller and is fully packed.

Download Site owner Bobby's (fatdog's) step by step instructions that really helps.

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/files/file/83-sharp-gf-777-belt-repair-guide/

I am still nervous to work on a Sanyo M9998. :w00t: :lol: :lol:
I have two that needs belt replacement.

Crunchy_JuiceBox84

Member (SA)
Feb 9, 2016
Space Coast Florida
BoomboxLover48 said:
I was also very nervous to take it apart but now I can do it in my sleep.

Just be extra careful and have a large bench top area with styrofoam pads to lay parts. I think it is easy to take apart and work on when compared to other boxes that are smaller and is fully packed.

Download Site owner Bobby's (fatdog's) step by step instructions that really helps.

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/files/file/83-sharp-gf-777-belt-repair-guide/

I am still nervous to work on a Sanyo M9998. :w00t: :lol: :lol:
I have two that needs belt replacement.
Thanks I will download that and get to work!

Crunchy_JuiceBox84

Member (SA)
Feb 9, 2016
Space Coast Florida
BoomboxLover48 said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]Main belts are FBS11.5 and SBS6.0[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Counter belt is SBS 7.4 [/SIZE]
Thanks! Belts seem pretty good for now, Ill make a note of these for future reference.
I do notice a difference in sound, thank you for all the info.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Crunchy_JuiceBox84 said:
Thanks! Belts seem pretty good for now, Ill make a note of these for future reference.
I do notice a difference in sound, thank you for all the info.
Buy and keep them handy because they can fail sooner or later and can replace those next time you remove the chassis.

grig15

Jun 22, 2018
Yerevan, Armenia
BoomboxLover48 said:
You need to remove the chassis out and spray inside the balance potentiometer and turn it back and forth several times. During that time do the same to other pots also and the long record switch and move the switch manually like 30 times.

I even opened up all the pots and did a good cleaning but was lacking treble on the left channel. I changed the whole amplifier section with no effect.
I tried replacing tweeters not no effect and finally a good cleaning of the long record switch made it work well.
I need to clean my device pots too. But I dont understand where is the [long record switch]. Can you explain me where it is?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.