Sanyo M9998 Belt replacement pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have two M9998 that needs new belts.

I took the chassis out and have no clue where to start the work for belt replacement. I see 2 screws from the top face of the cassette side and 2 from the bottom. The tone control board needs to be removed but that doesn't look bad at all.

Do we have to remove the boards from the back to replace belts or we can remove the cassette section from the front side?

Please post pictures of belt replacement.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I did the belts on mine and its the hardest one i have done so far, i think the 45 minutes quoted in that post is massively optimistic.

I don't remember every detail but i you have to remember you have to disconnect the mainboard ribbon cables and then seperate it from the top board by the white plig in pin connectors. You can then turn to the front cassette side and indo the 3-4 screws to access the right side of the deck, it was then a case of lifting the mainboard, undoing the flywheel cover, attaching the belts (i used dentistry tools) and reversing the steps to put it back together. I would need to open mine up to give more detail than this. I did take some pictures but i haven't found them yet, i'll keep looking.

Its a pita but so worth it as its a lovely deck.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
T-STER said:
I did the belts on mine and its the hardest one i have done so far, i think the 45 minutes quoted in that post is massively optimistic.

I don't remember every detail but i you have to remember you have to disconnect the mainboard ribbon cables and then seperate it from the top board by the white plig in pin connectors. You can then turn to the front cassette side and indo the 3-4 screws to access the right side of the deck, it was then a case of lifting the mainboard, undoing the flywheel cover, attaching the belts (i used dentistry tools) and reversing the steps to put it back together. I would need to open mine up to give more detail than this. I did take some pictures but i haven't found them yet, i'll keep looking.

Its a pita but so worth it as its a lovely deck.
Hi T-STER, Thanks for the information you shared. So basically one has to remove the PCB from the back to access the deck right? I am not too bad at working on complicated boxes but always like to have as much as details before I do it. It is easy to make a simple mistake and break parts. I will wait for the pictures before I get my hands on it. I am so used now to remove the chassis out and put it back with no trouble. I have to go one step at a time.

Once I start working on it I will post as many pictures as possible for future reference.

~Royce

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Yup the PCB needs to be disconnected but you only have to lift it rather than full removal. I do remember i had to take a cover plate off the right hand side of the deck from the front to get to the deck but that was the easiest part. Take lots of pics to be able to reconnect everything but if you struggle i'll pop mine open and photo it!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the suggestions. I can see that in many cases one don't have to remove parts completely like the PCB here. I can gently lift it up and use foam pads to suspend it.

So the radio tuner board stays there need to remove it right?

I have some pictures that I took yesterday but put the box all together after dexoit treatment.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.