Another great thrift find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hell yeah. Most of the time at the thrift store that nice box has the crappy speakers stuck in it that the new ones replaced! They don't care.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
blu_fuz said:
Hell yeah. Most of the time at the thrift store that nice box has the crappy speakers stuck in it that the new ones replaced! They don't care.
I found some like that a couple weeks ago, foam surrounds completely rotted..and they still wanted a lot! :lol:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
JVC Floyd said:
That older coustic equipment is great stuff it's manufactured by mitex Corporation the parent company of MTX.
Yeah! I remember the old car audio ads in the early 90's.. I got these at the same thrift where I got that B&W cabinet floor speaker for $4! :yes:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Wow, I'd love to try those 4 inch, 4 ohm speakers in my RX-C45!
Back on subject, how do they sound?
James.... :-)
I hooked em up to my Rx-C45, and they started distorting at 3/4 volume..like they weren't getting enough power..
The Lepai amp seemed to do a better job with a cleaner signal..
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd sounded pretty good through them..the tweeters aren't as crisp as I'd like, even with the treble maxed out on the Lepai..
I'm going to try different sound settings on my iPhone..

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
The 3 ohm originals in the C45 must be more sensitive than the Coustics.
I suspected the puny amp in the Panny wouldn't have the juice needed to run your Coustics.

Those Lepai amps sure deliver the goods! Are the tweeters in the Coustics piezos?

Status
Not open for further replies.