Goldstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Just had this big ol Goldstar arrive.
All fulling working and in good condition. Nice big sound from this and a good tape deck.
Reminds me of my Asahi box. They look similar but are not Aka's. 8 inch drivers vs 7.25inch.

Hope you like the pics.

Attachments

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Congratulations. I've heard nothing but positive remarks about those. I'd love to hear one someday. Maybe even get one too.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
redbenjoe said:
i always called that model the m90 for poor people :-D
it sort of is :-)
Yes I can agree with that. It's about the same same size. The sound is not that far off and it has some good features like music search, loudness, stereo wide, tape selector etc. The tape deck is quite snazzy. The obvious difference is the switch gear and the finish. The build quality is decent but not JVC quality.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Goldstar made some good boxes. Even the smaller TSR581 sounds great, almost as good as an M9994 in fact.

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
I have the unitech aka version which is 19 watts. Is this goldstar model more powerful? Mine pushes good bass, but the right side vibrates and I ain't got time for that. Think I will pull the grills off. The cassette door would not open either. Took it apart. Eject mechanism will not engage properly. No care, I pulled the door off.

Status
Not open for further replies.