BB Packing Guidelines - A Shared Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Hi all,

I've read posts on this forum going back some time relating to poor packing standards when sellers ship BB's and these stories are disheartening, I've experienced the very same thing four times to date.

I recently sent two quite large parcels overseas via different courier services without any unfortunate mishaps occurring as I'd taken a common sense approach to packing correctly while anticipating potential problems with my parcel such as crush damage from being stacked on top of, surface & corner impact, dropping a parcel from height, throwing/other abuse etc. of my parcels.

Q: Is there a forum member who can write a thorough yet concise (or brief) guide to packing a BB in a successful manner that may be welcomed by a potential inexperienced seller as a helpful suggestion or assistance of mutual benefit? I appreciate that some sellers are inexperienced in packing and lack even a basic level of common sense whilst the ignorance of others will never be overcome but most sellers would, surely, fall between these two groups and appreciate a little friendly help & guidance?

*It would be of practical assistance if this info. could be posted as a Sticky so it could be copied & pasted in communications with a seller prior to packing & shipping.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes there is. Let me look up. Spend an hour looking for it. :bang: :blink: :'-( :sad:
I cannot locate it now.
A member explained so good on how to pack boomboxes.

How to mummify boomboxes? That would be a good heading. :w00t: :lol: :lol: :dog: :dog:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
For the most part, it is here: https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/15375-reflections-of-shipping-experiences/

I think the shipping aspect of Boombox collecting is perhaps the worst part of it (just beating out bidding wars on ePay & divorce)

It's been talked about a lot over the years, the thing is, these radio's we NEVER shipped in this manner. They came from the factory in new boxes with form fitting styrofoam inserts and then stacked on pallets 5 deep and 5 high. They were lifted by forklift from the factory and unloaded at the store where they were sold.

Right now I am dealing with a seller on the east coast who is having a stroke because they had a super low BUY IT NOW and low shipping, now they have found out the sell price and shipping costs together won't even cover shipping.

If you are going to list a radio for sale, pack it up properly, take it to the PO, pick out the farthest zip code from your house and get a price for that. There is your shipping cost.

If you are shipping international, MAKE NOTE in your sale that the shipping price will need to be calculated.

One thing for sure is, almost all of us know what DOESN'T work!

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
The problem with copying and pasting the step by step packing instructions to a seller is... People who aren't signed up to this website wouldn't be able to see it..

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
For the most part, it is here: https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/15375-reflections-of-shipping-experiences/

I think the shipping aspect of Boombox collecting is perhaps the worst part of it (just beating out bidding wars on ePay & divorce)

It's been talked about a lot over the years, the thing is, these radio's we NEVER shipped in this manner. They came from the factory in new boxes with form fitting styrofoam inserts and then stacked on pallets 5 deep and 5 high. They were lifted by forklift from the factory and unloaded at the store where they were sold.

Right now I am dealing with a seller on the east coast who is having a stroke because they had a super low BUY IT NOW and low shipping, now they have found out the sell price and shipping costs together won't even cover shipping.

If you are going to list a radio for sale, pack it up properly, take it to the PO, pick out the farthest zip code from your house and get a price for that. There is your shipping cost.

If you are shipping international, MAKE NOTE in your sale that the shipping price will need to be calculated.

Thanks for finding this link Chris! :yes: :bow:

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
Chris, that thread is a great resource but for it to be truly useful for all the future boombox Packers out there, one of the members that's an absolute baddass at packing needs to make a step by step YouTube video. That way all any of us will ever have to do is just send someone a link. Problem solved!😉

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

Well said Chris,I'll do exactly this for future US shipping so I don't lose $ on shipping,thanks!😎

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

Brilliant link, Lasonic TRC-920 and a BIG hand to Superduper for taking the time to post such an insightful & interesting read. :yes:
:thumbsup: :bow: :clap: :hooray: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.