Saw this on Amazon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
oldskool69 said:
Wonder what it sounds like. Any real punch or just like having some small monitors? :hmmm:
It kinda reminds me of those Milwaukee job site radios, that actually have nice bass.. I tested a couple Milwaukees at Home Depot, and was pleasantly surprised!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I've been following it for a few months now. I don't know why they even built it, because they're doing an absolutely shitty job of promoting it. They don't say much about it, which makes me speculate that it's built cheaply and they're not proud of it.

And they're not selling the other colors. It's only available in red.

Build quality looks questionable. The 4 screws in front look cheap. Screws should be set inside the case, not flush against the case. I bet it's flexy. Also, the handle looks cheap as well, it looks like it's just plastic, and the way it attaches to the case looks cheap.

Also, funny how they don't tell you anything about power output. That's not a good sign.

It looks nice, I hope it IS nice, but I'll let one of you guys be the first. :lol:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Reli said:
I've been following it for a few months now. I don't know why they even built it, because they're doing an absolutely shitty job of promoting it.

And they're not selling the other colors. It's only available in red.

Build quality looks questionable. The 4 screws in front look cheap. Screws should be set inside the case, not flush against the case. I bet it's flexy. Also, the handle looks cheap as well, it looks like it's just plastic, and the way it attaches to the case looks cheap.

Also, funny how they refuse to show the back side, or tell you anything about power output. That's not a good sign.

It looks nice, but I'll let one of you guys be the first. :lol:
Ha. Very minimal info out there. Thought i saw somewhere that it was made of metal. If someone can find the black or silver one i'll be the guinea pig and buy it.....

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I doubt the case is all metal. It says "Its compact rugged metal construction". They could just be talking about the metal trim panel.

To me, the red parts look like plastic. Which is fine, as long as it's screwed together solidly. But the way those screws sit flush against the red plastic makes me doubt that. I bet cracks will develop there (if it's plastic).

BTW, where's the antenna? The FM radio won't work well without one.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I'll wait until someone else buys it, and gives their opinion on it's build & sound quality before I consider one. As far as build quality, It's got to be sturdier the Discolite. :-D As for the Metal, That's probably the decorative, brushed Aluminum panels & speaker trim rings.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I bet there's a price drop pretty soon, like all the other modern boomboxes.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
This is on there page:
Is this available only in red? Or are there other colors?
[SIZE=inherit]A shopper [/SIZE][SIZE=inherit]on Jan 30, 2016[/SIZE]

[SIZE=inherit]BEST ANSWER:[/SIZE] At this time, red is the only available color for this product.
  • Inaccurate
  • Heather S Staff [SIZE=inherit]on Jan 31, 2016[/SIZE]

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1213504-REG/dj_tech_djboombox_dj_boombox.html/ap/y?gclid=CjwKEAiA__C1BRDqyJOQ8_Tq230SJABWBSxnvHB3eQlXfxXrx-Go7J4ojUxp8Z9CGDVEnh-LwnPrWhoCiCnw_wcB

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Ha ha ha, I'm the one who asked that question :lol:

I don't mean to be a downer, I hope it's a good product.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
It doesn't have antenna because its not a traditional FM boombox.. Those sliders on top are for mixing.. I'm guessing this is marketed towards the kids with CDJ's and MIDI controllers with their laptops.. That's why it accepts memory cards and USB.. The controls in the middle are for recording and playback..that's why it's called a DJ boombox :dj:

Status
Not open for further replies.