Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meekoblue

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester, UK
Greetings from Manchester England!
I used to be a repair engineer MANY years ago at Sharp Electronics. Owned a GF9191.
Threw it away like you do.

Fast forward to this year: I'm off to an 80s themed convention and looked for an old boombox... and shocked at their prices! So planning to pick up some old Sharp boxes and refurbish them!

Hello to you all and thanks for letting me join.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Ah a fellow Mancunian! Welcome! If I were you I'd get that 9191 again and relive the old days lol. I like the 9191's so much I have two. If you used to be an engineer you could be very useful round here! :-)

Meekoblue

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester, UK
It was many years ago! When Sharp had just moved to Thorpe Road in Miles Plating. The 9090 and 9191 were current models at the time!

I'll get my hands on one and re-live my youth! XD

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome to the forums. Grab a 9191 again and you will instantly be reliving so many memories plus they look awesome!

Reelman

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2016
Rotherham, UK
My first "proper" box was a GF-9090 and I loved it! Only had it a couple of months before I took it on holiday and sold it to the local Ellerman rep. What I remember most about it was the box it came in, covered completely in printed gold foil - very impressive. Anyone else remember the box? Got another GF-9090 recently as replacement but missing the battery lid unfortunately.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
:hi: :hi: :hi:
Welcome to the most beautiful site on Planet Earth!

We love to have engineers from UK.

My best buddy who passed away 3 years back was from UK. He was the engineer for Philips way back in the early days when they made stereo tube radios. Miss him a lot! He knew it all....

Status
Not open for further replies.