Need help,no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Does the cord plug into unit or is it attached always? If it has to be plugged into back or side of Boombox then issue might be the micro switch that is built into it has bad connection due to dirt or corrosion.

Bad Boy Bill

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
baddboybill said:
Does the cord plug into unit or is it attached always? If it has to be plugged into back or side of Boombox then issue might be the micro switch that is built into it has bad connection due to dirt or corrosion.

Bad Boy Bill
Exactly! Or a fuse blown on the primary of the power transformer / damaged power supply.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Yes it is a separate plug,that goes into the side.What does the micro switch look like?Does it look like the leaf switch on the cassette mechanism?Or is it inside the transformer itself?Maybe on the PCB as you can tell I'm a little lost.☺

It's a leaf type switch inside the outlet of boombox where cord plugs into it. It switches AC to DC

Bad Boy Bill

ralrein1

Member (SA)
O-kay------got the plug out and removed from the circuit board that it shares with the power transformer.Man its kind of a bitch to remove solder!So got it out and pulled it apart,and yes it was corroded both on the little " rocker"switch and the 3 prongs.So off I went to Harbor Freight to buy some brass toothbrushes.They worked great,got all corrosion removed.Now I just gotta figure out how to put the s.o.b. back together again😧.After that I should be golden,at least I hope so.Thank you for your help Bill.I don't know what I would have done without you and to a slightly lesser extent b.boxlover 48.😁😁😁You guys rock!!!🎸

Status
Not open for further replies.