Def Leppard's new album

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
O.k. guys and gals.I just picked up the new Def Leopard disk at Best Buy.I gotta say these fifty year old rockers still got it!So on the disk we have 14 brand new songs and they pretty much all get it!There's even 2 or 3 that are pretty bassie.The most notable being #3 man enough.So if your a D.L.fan go on out like in the good ol'days and pick yourself up this album.Sorry I don't have a cool link or anything like that.But a good review from a seasoned rocker ain't half bad either.Plus I'm sure there's a vid or two on YouTube.Hope you like it.Rock on!!!😀

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Wow........I used to be "all about" DL........and all the other kids would criticize me because it wasn't real metal. No shiat sherlock. Who ever claimed it was?

And these were the same kids that said I shouldn't listen to rap or drive an import. Dumbass midwesterners, lol.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Yeah I hear ya Reli,in the beginning D.L.was pretty damn heavy.Especially the High n Dry album also Pyromania,at least heavy enuff for me.Their first album was pretty hard rockin' too.However once the drummer lost his arm in that trajic car accident.D.L.had to change their sound a bit,but it didn't seem to hurt their career much.In fact they became a monster with the Hysteria album and then the Adrenalize album.Over the years they have experimented with their sound and morons all complain that they don't sound as hard as they did 30 to 35 years ago??Hey newsflash neither do Scorpions or Queensryche.Also unfortunately it's not 1982 anymore,although sometimes I wish it was.But I digress,You gotta listen to different forms of rock.As I've said before variety is the spice of life.I'm also sure that many of the harder and heavier groups died out long ago.D.L.has been going non stop now for 35 or slightly more years.Rock on!☺

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Love it!! Me and my buddy use to jam to Rock of Ages every day on our Boomboxes. ( My CEC, his Superscope) It was always so hard to press play on tape and start song exactly together. Lol😆

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Gunter glieben glauchen globen,

All right! :thumbsup:

Yeah me and my buddy would argue how those opening words actually were pronounced. LMAO 😆😆😆😆

Bad Boy Bill

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
I didn't actually know that they had a new album out, I'm so out of touch ! I'm from the same city in the UK where DL formed (Sheffield) and kind of grew up along side their rise to fame and all the tragedies that struck them along the way.

For me, they never sounded as good as when Steve Clark was with them. He had a real distinct sound to his playing and it made Pyromania and Hysteria THE albums for me. I read about how he was an alcoholic, which ultimately killed him. Interestingly, he said the only time he was happy was playing on stage and if he could have been on stage 24/7 he would have been completely sober.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Yeah markoneswift, I hear ya Steve Clark jammed hard. I really dug on the High 'n' Dry album. That was one shredder of a disc! Both times they released it. Remember that? Yeah Def Leppard released it twice, originally in 1981 and then again in 1984 I think it was. Slightly reworked the second time. It sold very well too. Marketing genius.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
ralrein1 said:
Yeah markoneswift, I hear ya Steve Clark jammed hard. I really dug on the High 'n' Dry album. That was one shredder of a disc! Both times they released it. Remember that? Yeah Def Leppard released it twice, originally in 1981 and then again in 1984 I think it was. Slightly reworked the second time. It sold very well too. Marketing genius.
Weird, I didn't know that. Or maybe I did, but forgot?

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I got tickets to see Def Leppard, Styx & Tesla in August. I'd gladly trade Tesla for REO Speedwagon to make it a perfect evening. Gotta start growing out My 80s hair for this.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
That's great thafuzz! I suggest you get Def Leppards double live release entitled Mirror Ball Live & More to help you bone up for the show. Its a live 3 disc set that came out in 2011.It has two live CDs with 24 songs and one DVD with live performances of Rock!Rock!,Armageddon It,Pour Some Sugar on Me and Hysteria plus two music videos of the songs Nine Lives and C'Mon C'mon. Really an awesome release for any D.L. fan.🎸👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.