weird humm on radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Hi there guys and gals!So I have this fairly nice rc 656 jw.Here's the prob when I put the selector on tape it playes good and sounds good,however when I switch to radio all I get is a humm that gets louder as I turn up the volume and at no time does any kind of broadcast radio station voices or music come out.Just the humm.I tried hooking up my CD player to the line in,the humm is still present however I can here the music from the CD and in between the songs I can hear the humm at a lower level,but it's still there.Also I should note on radio,none of the bands AM,FM,SW1,SW2 is there any sound but the humm.Any help would be greatly apreciated,thank you.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
As always the first step is to do a full switch cleaning with deoxit. Clean the long record switch also with deoxit. Look for any wires that are disconnected like ground.

Function switch could be dirty. It is that tape/radio/line in selector switch.

In most cases a good switch cleaning eliminates lot of problems.

Let us see how the switch cleaning goes.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
As always the first step is to do a full switch cleaning with deoxit. Clean the long record switch also with deoxit. Look for any wires that are disconnected like ground.

Function switch could be dirty. It is that tape/radio/line in selector switch.

In most cases a good switch cleaning eliminates lot of problems.

Let us see how the switch cleaning goes.

Exactly 👍

Bad Boy Bill

ralrein1

Member (SA)
O-kay so I finally pulled her apart and saw that I had put two identical wire "plugs"that are right next to each other in the wrong place.So switched them back to their respective "plugs"and now viola no more humm on radio.Amazing how things work when their put back together correctly😄.Only problem now is l.e.d. meter isn't working any ideas on this perplexing deal.I really like the sound of these 656's but man it's putting me through my pacess.Any ideas guys?Thanks.☺

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
I guess the LED meter plug or wiring is not connected or not in right place. I remember that struggling with my 3D7, i forgot to plug the level meter plug in so many times when putting it back together :-D Look over the wiring, that should do i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.