Panasonic rq-548s no power to cassette

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Greetings guys and gals!So I got this mono box,the Pans.RQ-548S and the radio portion works just fine,both AM and FM.However when I switch it to cassette there is nothing going on.Checked the connections and they are all connected.Belts are in good shape.Does anyone have any thoughts?Please help.Thank you in advance for info.😀

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Well I cleaned it all up inside and out,washed the front half of radio cabinet in the sink.Just like that cool dude does on this site.Lubed up the cassette eject and the bearing on the flywheel.Manually turned the main motor belt to try an "unlock"a possibly frozen mechanism.Put her all back together,put in a cassette tape and the spindles turned for about 5 whole seconds!???Not sure what else to do?Couldn't find anything inside that looked like a switch---at least to my novice eye's.Any thoughts anybody?

toshik

Member (SA)
Mar 1, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
Yes on RQ-4050 it's on the cassette mechanism chassis, I googled the model yep the same exact mechanism!
I happen to have this mechanism in my junk pile here is the picture of the switch (bottom right corner with 2 black wires coming out.

Attachments

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Alrighty I changed out the switch with one I had from another old panny of the RQ variety and it made no difference:( So I guess I'm gonna have to find a new to me Matsushita 6 volt motor.If anyone has one and would like to sell it.I am uber interested.Thanks for the good info Toshik and the nice pic too:)

toshik

Member (SA)
Mar 1, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
ralrein1 said:
Hi toshik,I really do appreciate all your help.I looking at the label on the motor an it reads 6vdc and then the part no.(mht-5st6y)and finally the date 12Apr77DA-2.So I think that means six volts right?:)
Correct! So when you have playback of FF or REW turned on, this is what it should read across motor terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.