SONY CF 590S!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I got this fully working SONY CF-590S a month ago and still hard to believe I own this beauty!

Amazing finish quality! Beautiful wooden sides.
Very decent sound quality!
Super nice radio reception! 4 band radio. Speaker grill is not detachable like Sony CFS-85S
It was a dream come true for me to get a like new one.
They rarely show up on Ebay.
VU meter is always on with audio and unlike some other boomboxes.

Will be the 5th among wood sided boxes RX7200, RX7000, RX5700, Sony CFS-85S and this one.

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i love me some sony's , mostly the old skool sony car audio i have sony head units that i wore the paint off the buttons from over use lol. the early to mid 90's sony cd head units were phenominal sounding , i have many memories of my first used sony cdx i got from my buddy it was a top of the line unit and the sound was just fantastic. i know how good a sony can be so even though i don't talk about sony's a lot trust me i love many products that sony made through the years. i got 2 sets of apms from my brother who bought them new back in the 80's and these are some nice as speakers .

i love the look of that radio , it's what i call a gentleman's radio. that means it has class lol.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
JVC Floyd said:
i love me some sony's , mostly the old skool sony car audio i have sony head units that i wore the paint off the buttons from over use lol. the early to mid 90's sony cd head units were phenominal sounding , i have many memories of my first used sony cdx i got from my buddy it was a top of the line unit and the sound was just fantastic. i know how good a sony can be so even though i don't talk about sony's a lot trust me i love many products that sony made through the years. i got 2 sets of apms from my brother who bought them new back in the 80's and these are some nice as speakers .

i love the look of that radio , it's what i call a gentleman's radio. that means it has class lol.
Floyd you are right! These late 70s boxes were high quality built! Some of those Sony's were great!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
This was prime time for Sony portable blasters. Never sounded/looked better.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
This Sony has absolutely zero "street appeal", (I mean that in the nicest way possible) but not all Boomboxes are meant to be outdoors.. This looks more like a hifi unit that only has a handle to transport it from the den to the living room..
Like others said, it's a classy simple design..:-)

Too understated for my tastes though.. :lol: :breakdance:

Please post pics of the woodgrain! :yes:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
JustCruisin said:
This Sony has absolutely zero "street appeal", (I mean that in the nicest way possible) but not all Boomboxes are meant to be outdoors.. This looks more like a hifi unit that only has a handle to transport it from the den to the living room..
Like others said, it's a classy simple design.. :-)

Too understated for my tastes though.. :lol: :breakdance:

Please post pics of the woodgrain! :yes:
Here it is...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.