Hitachi CX-W800 frequency wire broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremenpl

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Hello there,
I am trying to repair the frequency wire in my cx-w800 box. The problem is I cannot figure out how to wire it together again. I think I tried all combinations and it just doesnt want to work. I have attached a picture.
I dont know how to properly wire up the gold knob shaft, as the wire slips on it all the time. I would really apreciate all help, I couldnt find a refference on the internet.

Attachments

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
These are tough but first thing you should do is check eBay for service manual for this model or if there is an aka to this model

Bad Boy Bill

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Before you reassemble the unit, turn the tuner dial moves the tuning indicator ('tuner pointer/needle') the full distance of the tuner window display. If it's 'offset' won't travel the full distance of the tuner window display it's not a problem. You can either start again with the tuning dial turned fully in one direction or adjust the display indicator (orange, at top of pic). I can't quite see what's going on with the tuning string around the tuning knob spindle but take up any slack in the tuning string with extra turns here - and get the winding direction correct!

Anyway, bremenpl, how about a nice little introduction? :hi:

bremenpl

Member (SA)
Sep 29, 2015
Well, I have assembled the unit already- I centered the knob hole with the frequency knob and now it all seems to be working, thank you. As for the intro, Ill post it in offtop.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
bremenpl said:
Well, I have assembled the unit already- I centered the knob hole with the frequency knob and now it all seems to be working, thank you. As for the intro, Ill post it in offtop.
Well done! In most cases it's always a good idea to turn the tuning wheel fully in one direction before starting, by doing this it becomes easier to make sure everything lines up properly. Again, well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.