LASONIC TRC-918 low FM volume but SW Tape volume fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasonic_novice

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2015
Hello,

I have a LASONIC trc-918 boombox that has proper volume on every selection except FM. The reception light comes on strong red and you can faintly hear the FM station playing but increasing the volume only increases white noise.

I notice one of the large capacitors that I'll include in a photo attachment looks a bit rough around the top, but doesn't appear to be leaking. A smaller cap near by does appear to be slightly brown on top, however it is not as bad as i have seen other capacitors that were ok.

I have dusted the insides, used deoxit on the push button FM selector switch and pressed it in/out a few times, also while occasionally changing from FM to SW, TAPE, etc with no change in FM volume.

I also will attach a photo of what I would call a pot that isn't centered with the ink mark on it, unlike all the rest on the board. I actually moved it one direction back to the center of the ink mark, but it made no change, so I moved it back to where it was positioned in the photo.

If possible, I would be thankful for any information on what i may can do next to try to restore proper volume for FM on the boombox. Thanks for any help, suggestions, guides, etc.

Have a good one.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.