Finally got around to introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

colt45john

Member (SA)
Aug 6, 2015
Central Valley California
Hello everyone

I decided it was about time I introduced myself, my name is John. I have restored classic cars in the past and always had a facinatIon with electronics. I used to collect arcade games and at one time had quite a line up of old school greats. It was just in last couple of years that I began my boombox collection, so it is a rather meager one.

Here's a few of the 25 arcade games I used to own

And my meager box collection

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
colt45john said:
Hello everyone

I decided it was about time I introduced myself, my name is John. I have restored classic cars in the past and always had a facinatIon with electronics. I used to collect arcade games and at one time had quite a line up of old school greats. It was just in last couple of years that I began my boombox collection, so it is a rather meager one.

Here's a few of the 25 arcade games I used to own
Welcome aboard!! Cool a fellow arcade enthusiast! I've owned a dozen or so and restored almost that many over the years.

I still own Tempest, Donkey Kong (red cabinet radarscope version), and Joust.

Here is a shot of my old cave sorry to hijack the thread but I'm a bit excited :lol: :lol:

Attachments

colt45john

Member (SA)
Aug 6, 2015
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Here's some pics of my 1950 Chevy pickup and my 57 Chevy. I've owned the 57 for twenty seven years. :hmmm:have I really had it that long, I guess I have LOL

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Blasters take up much less room and are portable, you will get a lot of joy with collecting. Welcome!

duckman

Member (SA)
Oct 30, 2014
Dead Center, Manitoba, Canada
Welcome! :-)

Nice 6 window Chevy! Traded vehicles for a week years back with a friend (he took my 70 LeMans) . Was a real wake up to Old School driving as everything was standard, steering and brakes. Girlfriend at the time hated it though.

Nice start to collection and all the other toys are awesome too!

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Welcome aboard! Nice collections.
Just wait til you see JustCruisin's cars....his paint jobs are masterpieces.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome to the forum John, great start to the collection of boomers there, as Blu says they take up a little less space and they always need work so there is lots of fun to be had with this hobby ! Good to have you aboard. I am immensly enjoying your first thread.

colt45john

Member (SA)
Aug 6, 2015
I forgot to metion I am a big Star Trek fan, real Star Trek not the JJ Abrams reimagined stuff. With my interest in electronics and Trek, building a lighted Enterprise seemed like a no brainer. This is an old video of my model when it wasn't finished yet, but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.