JVC RC-M90

Status
Not open for further replies.

brown007

Member (SA)
Aug 4, 2015
Hi everybody!

This is an awesome site and this is my first post.

I've had the luck to find an JVC RC-M90 at my grandparents house.
unfortunately, time didn't any good for it.
The radio works fine, same for the EQ and so on.
But the tape deck seems dead and I'm not a tech head.
When I put a tape in it and push play nothing happens, in fact all the buttons for the tape (play, stop, rec, forward, mute,…) do nothing at all. The spindles for the tape deck do not turn.
This is what I've figured out so far:
The "iron bar" (I don't know how it's called) which I've marked on the picture in red does work.
This bar starts to turn when I push the power knob on. Even without a tape in it.
Also the "disc" with a rubber band around does turns.
Something else I've noticed is that the tape heads never touch the tape itself. I guess these heads supposed to "rise" untill it can read the tape.

If anyone can help me to fix this of even by getting closer to getting it work I would be very grateful!

I know this is probably poorly explained but I'm not English.This took me a while to type! :)

Many greeting!
Brown

Attachments

devol-toni

Member (SA)
May 15, 2009
Macedonia, Skopje City
Wow, :drool:
I wish I could find the m90 in my grands house :-D

It seems that you have to change the belts on the tape deck with the new one :-) .

Welcome here :hi:
Where are you from?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yep, start with the basics and re-belt the cassette deck. Looks like a great start. Gotta love the goodies grandparents have stashed away.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The whole picture looks a little washed out, maybe the exposure isn't right - maybe a little darker gray because the case and knobs look really light too.

Status
Not open for further replies.