My search is complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
My system is complete....I think.
Just picked up a pair of Cerwin Vega RE 38s to pair with the Kenwood KR9600.
They are everything I hoped they would be.
The MTXs and the Sansuis have to go. Had to take a pic of all 6 just to do it.
My drop ceiling never rattled before...it does now.
These bad boys are 4 ohm so they can draw 200 wpc instead of the usual 160 wpc at 8 ohms from the Kenwood.
These things are monsters. Love em!

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
yeah those cerwin vega woofers have cast aluminum frames , if you compare them to the other speakers there is no comparison , the vega's are built 10x better.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
JVC Floyd said:
yeah those cerwin vega woofers have cast aluminum frames , if you compare them to the other speakers there is no comparison , the vega's are built 10x better.
Yeah they're built for what I listen to. The sound quality is way better than what I expected too. Not warm...but crystal fn clear. Couldn't be happier.
I'm gonna beat the snot out of them tonight.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
JVC Floyd said:
i got a pair of at 10's i have to refoam , been holding on to them for a while now lol.
I thought about some ATs or D series but when it came down to it...I went newer. I listen to 80s and 90s rap and hip hop. Vintage speakers just weren't built for that kind of bass. The older Vegas maybe can but other vintage brands just cant reproduce the bass necessary on Eazy E's Real Muthaphuckin G's, Outkast's Rosa Parks, or 2pacs U Can't C Me. Those are the songs I use to judge a speaker's bass capabilities.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
hell those 10's would make a killer ported sub setup . build a down firing ported box and you would be shocked what these can do. i refoamed some old skool jl w3's you wanna talk about sub bass these babies will loosen your fillings. now they just sit because i basically have no use for them.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
JVC Floyd said:
hell those 10's would make a killer ported sub setup . build a down firing ported box and you would be shocked what these can do. i refoamed some old skool jl w3's you wanna talk about sub bass these babies will loosen your fillings. now they just sit because i basically have no use for them.
Not a bad idea.
I know jl's very well. The w6's were absolute beasts.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
-GZ- said:
The older Vegas maybe can but other vintage brands just cant reproduce the bass necessary on Eazy E's Real Muthaphuckin G's, Outkast's Rosa Parks, or 2pacs U Can't C Me. Those are the songs I use to judge a speaker's bass capabilities.
Nice! Bumping to Eazy E Real muthaphuckin g's now.

I like to test with Junior Mafia 'white chalk' Nasty deep bass. Ron C 'Trendsetter' tough to find but bumps

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
k2j said:

I like to test with Junior Mafia 'white chalk' Nasty deep bass. Ron C 'Trendsetter' tough to find but bumps
Nice. Gang Starr's Same Team, No Games.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
k2j said:

I swear. I just blew a fuse on the left Vega bumpin Eazy E again... there was a backup fuse in there luckily. So i keep bumpin.
Looks like I'm gonna have to keep a few extra on hand.
Power meter on the KR was spikin to 200 watts...

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Beautiful speakers and its good finding out what people bump when testing.

Im gonna throw "F wit Dre day" in the mix and also Nas "Got yourself a gun" or "NY State of Mind"

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
T-STER said:
Beautiful speakers and its good finding out what people bump when testing.

Im gonna throw "F wit Dre day" in the mix and also Nas "Got yourself a gun" or "NY State of Mind"
Get yourself a gun has some serious lows....I'm gonna try that next.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
-GZ- said:
Power meter on the KR was spikin to 200 watts...
:-) :w00t: :yes: :-) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :yes: :-D :w00t:

Wish I had better speakers for my marantz. I've got a set of 15's and it freakin tears it up in the room we built with cathedral rafters and sound proof insulation. I can almost give myself heart palpitations :-) :-)

Attachments

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
k2j said:
:-) :w00t: :yes: :-) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :yes: :-D :w00t:

Wish I had better speakers for my marantz. I've got a set of 15's and it freakin tears it up in the room we built with cathedral rafters and sound proof insulation. I can almost give myself heart palpitations :-) :-)
Oh my lord... that Marantz is beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.