Was looking for M70 antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoofington

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Columbia County,PA USA
FYI...I found this old post "M70 antennas, I found new ones..... kind of" which is locked and has some JVC antenna part numbers. Took a chance on JVC# VJA3006-00E and MCM Electronics had 10 in stock. I bought 2 and they seem to work fine, I wouldn't say EXACT replacement, but functional. My originals were missing, so I couldn't visually compare them. I can't verify they will fit the M70 bases, but they do seem to match my 656 antennas, so? I'm happy with these antennas. These bases are incorrect for the M70, just the telescopes seem functional for the M70. My bases were missing, so I modded my M70 to accept the larger bases from these antennas. For those seeking M70 antennas and can accept slightly off, from originals, I'd jump on these. $14 each plus shipping, worth it for me! :thumbsup:

Ca880

Oct 2, 2015
Just and FYI with looking for replacement antennas. These need to be 7mm in diameter so they are contained by the holding features on the rear housing of the radio. I found an additional antenna, that can easily be used as a replacement on the RC-M70. Have a search on E-Bay for the RCA ANT301 HDTV antenna. This is an indoor antenna that can supply you with a matching pair of antennas very close to the originals. Note there are two types of ANT301, one with shiny and another with silver-matte finish telescopic antennas. I have the matte finish version.

Status
Not open for further replies.