Happy Father's Day! Boombox Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Well guys, first and foremost to all the Dad's out there, Happy Father's Day! Usually we're celebrated in the media as incompetent buffoons or jerk offs who can't figure out what it is to man up and be "Daddy". Anyone can "father" a child, it takes someone special to be "Dad" or "Daddy", ride it out until the day they die for their kids, becoming a friend and mentor as well as a grandparent.

In honor of this, my kids selected what boomboxes of mine had qualities that fit the bill in the boombox world. The criteria was timeless, looks, power, sound, and features . My wife of course couldn't select just one. She had 1, 1A, and 1B. With there being a clear one but the others deserving mention. You'll see what those are. My adopted great nephew (noted for clarity, and henceforth referred to as "son".) saw things from a smaller perspective. :lol:

I have a wonderful family that puts up with a lot out of me as a husband and father, but they'll tell me quick, "You're not perfect, but you fit us perfectly." I love them dearly.

So here we go the selections by my family, starting from youngest to the wife whose age shall not be mentioned lest I risk :jason: . :lol:

Jackson, Son, Age: 7

Pioneer SK-Q10SV

IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG

Why he chose it? "Because it looks fun and I can carry it. But I also like the Sansui FX-300 but it won't fit on my Hot Wheels truck." :lol:

Trey, Son, Age: 15

Telefunken Hi-Fi Studio 1

IMG_1614.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG

Why he chose it? "Because it looks great, has lots of bass, and I want it. Plus it's too heavy to carry around and risk screwing it up. Remember...I want it and the Sansui CP-7 when you die." :lol:

Mya, Daughter, Age: 16

Fisher PH-492

IMG_1612.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG

Why she chose it? "It looks really good, it's huge, and it's strong like you...and did I mention it's loud like you? It's loud in a good way...you're just loud." :lol:

Vivyanne, Daughter, Age: 21

PIoneer CK-3 w/CT-C9W Double Logic Deck

IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG

Why she chose it? "It's really pretty and it sounds really good, plus all the little buttons are cute. Are you thinking of giving it to me when I move back out?" :lol:

La-Tunya (Mrs. Oldskool), Wife, Age: "If you tell them I'll..." :judge:

Hitachi TRK-9900W

IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG

Why she chose it? "It was a Valentine's day gift. So it belongs on the list, plus it has all the qualities I knew you wanted it for. Plus it reminds me of you...overly complicated." :lol:

Marantz CRS-8000

IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG

Why she chose it? "It is a super looking box. It oozes quality and it even has an extra mouth...which I swear sometimes you have." :lol:

ISP-SC800

IMG_1626.JPG

Why she chose it? " It's neither perfection nor failure. But the best there is out there close to perfection...like you. They only get one picture...because your guys are like strange women who want what I've got. The ISP like you...is MINE!!!" :smooch: :lol:

I am truly blessed. What say your kids and wives/significant others? :-D

Going to chill out for the rest of the evening here with wifey after a lovely steak dinner and wine...

IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG

:afro:

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
oldskool69 said:
Well guys, first and foremost to all the Dad's out there, Happy Father's Day! Usually we're celebrated in the media as incompetent buffoons or jerk offs who can't figure out what it is to man up and be "Daddy". Anyone can "father" a child, it takes someone special to be "Dad" or "Daddy", ride it out until the day they die for their kids, becoming a friend and mentor as well as a grandparent.

In honor of this, my kids selected what boomboxes of mine had qualities that fit the bill in the boombox world. The criteria was timeless, looks, power, sound, and features . My wife of course couldn't select just one. She had 1, 1A, and 1B. With there being a clear one but the others deserving mention. You'll see what those are. My adopted great nephew (noted for clarity, and henceforth referred to as "son".) saw things from a smaller perspective. :lol:

I have a wonderful family that puts up with a lot out of me as a husband and father, but they'll tell me quick, "You're not perfect, but you fit us perfectly." I love them dearly.

So here we go the selections by my family, starting from youngest to the wife whose age shall not be mentioned lest I risk :jason: . :lol:

Jackson, Son, Age: 7

Pioneer SK-Q10SV

IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG

Why he chose it? "Because it looks fun and I can carry it. But I also like the Sansui FX-300 but it won't fit on my Hot Wheels truck." :lol:

Trey, Son, Age: 15

Telefunken Hi-Fi Studio 1

IMG_1614.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG

Why he chose it? "Because it looks great, has lots of bass, and I want it. Plus it's too heavy to carry around and risk screwing it up. Remember...I want it and the Sansui CP-7 when you die." :lol:

Mya, Daughter, Age: 16

Fisher PH-492

IMG_1612.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG

Why she chose it? "It looks really good, it's huge, and it's strong like you...and did I mention it's loud like you? It's loud in a good way...you're just loud." :lol:

Vivyanne, Daughter, Age: 21

PIoneer CK-3 w/CT-C9W Double Logic Deck

IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG

Why she chose it? "It's really pretty and it sounds really good, plus all the little buttons are cute. Are you thinking of giving it to me when I move back out?" :lol:

La-Tunya (Mrs. Oldskool), Wife, Age: "If you tell them I'll..." :judge:

Hitachi TRK-9900W

IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG

Why she chose it? "It was a Valentine's day gift. So it belongs on the list, plus it has all the qualities I knew you wanted it for. Plus it reminds me of you...overly complicated." :lol:

Marantz CRS-8000

IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG

Why she chose it? "It is a super looking box. It oozes quality and it even has an extra mouth...which I swear sometimes you have." :lol:

ISP-SC800

IMG_1626.JPG

Why she chose it? " It's neither perfection nor failure. But the best there is out there close to perfection...like you. They only get one picture...because your guys are like strange women who want what I've got. The ISP like you...is MINE!!!" :smooch: :lol:

I am truly blessed. What say your kids and wives/significant others? :-D

Going to chill out for the rest of the evening here with wifey after a lovely steak dinner and wine...

IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG

:afro:
WOW... :drool:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
Cool way to get the fam involved with your blasters. :thumbsup:
I think the threads I like the best are the ones that have you all with your families involved some how. Pool side get together's, camping, around the house shenanigans. All good stuff!

A family that Blast's together, stays together :thumbsup: :lol:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I think the threads I like the best are the ones that have you all with your families involved some how. Pool side get together's, camping, around the house shenanigans. All good stuff!

A family that Blast's together, stays together :thumbsup: :lol:
Couldn't agree with you more Chris, did some Father's Day blastin myself.

Hope everybody had a great Fathers Day ;-)

View attachment 19588View attachment 19589

Nice collection you got there oldskool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.