Great video about NYC, early hip hop and a lot of boombers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
wow take me back!!! I lived this era of the stations doing battle always heard on a boombox :-D greates part of this story is I still have the tapes.....thanks for the wonderful memories :hooray: :hooray:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
This is a great vid. Thank you!

I can only dream about what kind of culture this was. Would I have been a part of it? Would I walked the streets with my head held high and my GE boombox bangin new beats? I always wondered.

Will

Member (SA)
Oct 24, 2016
DMV
Nice find. I remember those days. We use to sit by the radio in North Jersey (Patterson, NJ) making pause button mixes from 97 Kiss FM, WBLS, and WHBI. In South Jersey (Camden, NJ) we did the same thing to the Philly stations WDAS and POWER 99 FM. New Jersey.....North Jersey picked up the New York Station and South Jersey got the Philly Stations. Trenton, NJ was in the middle you had the best of both worlds ...you got both Philly and New York Station. It was a paradise for your boombox or home stereo set with an 8Track or cassette recorder.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Summertime in the big apple was so much fun!!

Hanging in Linden Park Queens NYC hearing the Latin Rascals, Kool DJ Red Alert, Grandmaster Flash, Frankie Crocker, 92 WKTU, Kiss FM etc......EPIC!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.