Sharp VZ. Record problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wat

Member (SA)
Apr 12, 2015
Dorset, England
Ok, so actually it's a vz3000, but thought this was the best area to ask, seen quite a few in pics so know you guys have them too.
Basic history, had this since new, had belts replaced in past, several years ago, about 18 months ago started to play fast and then slow, so bought new belt kits, took it to be repaired, eventually he changed them, but then on re- assembly he said record side didn't work, said he would have another look, time has gone on , phoned up said he couldn't resolve problem.

Soooo ..I got it back last week, turned it on, no life on record side at all, no buttons function other than replay and play both sides light up, could it be like the re- belting problems I,ve read about, and if so can anybody help talk me through how to fix it ?

Wat

Member (SA)
Apr 12, 2015
Dorset, England
Hello anybody there ? Would really like any advice that any member could give no matter how trivial it may seem, or any links to dismantle a vz3000,

There's a lot of info on this site, but could do with some advice of how to get started from those that are wiser.

If there's any carpentry problems I'd be only to willing to help!

We'll on the vz2000 you have to remove the record unit as a complete unit. There are 3 plugs that uncouple and the pcb (that sits under the record play/cue rev buttons) I would think the 3000 is similar. Sounds like he's either not coupled up one of the plugs or he's damaged one of the cables that come from the pcb to the button cluster. The cable that has the pcb on doesn't unplug from the record deck, it's like a permanent plug ( I'm talking about the VZ2000 here but I would expect it to be the same on the 3000) Or he could have cracked the board that sits on the back of the record unit. Being as old as they are, the internals are quite fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.