Hello from Massachusetts, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

music2go

Member (SA)
Apr 15, 2015
Massachusetts, USA
Hello everyone!

I've been a boombox fan for ages, but only now discovered this forum!

One of the highlights of my Saturdays is when I'm able to come back home from the swap table at the town dump carrying a new electronic gadget to play with. (Hmm, is that sad? Should I be aiming higher?) I've been doing this long enough now that I have a pretty impressive collection of partially broken gear! (The fun in in the parts that aren't broken yet.)

I have also done some DIY, tinkering with speaker cabinets, crossovers, amplifiers...

Lately, I thought I'd like to find myself something that actually works.

I even have some practical uses in mind (the Boomboxes and Parts Wanted area will probably be a more appropriate place for me to post the details).

From what I've seen in recent years in the stores, it looks like the boombox hayday is long gone (or is this not true? I'd be interested to hear if I'm mistaken!).

So if I'll soon be looking for a vintage model, I'll be needing some help to know what to look for... maybe you guys will have some suggestions..

It'll be fun to have people to talk with who share this interest!

Later...

Styleking

Member (SA)
Mar 16, 2011
Boston, MA.
Welcome M2GO! There are several Masshole's on the forum. I'm looking to have another cookout soon and gather some local members! I'll let you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.