National / Panasonic RX-5350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
Hey everyone,

I finally found the time to at least take a quick shot of my newest gem, the National Panasonic RX-5350, which I got all the way from Brazil from member hardmen :w00t: He got my RX-A2 in return :-)

The picture shows the N/P 5350 together with the National 5350 which has already been sitting on my shelf for a while. Feel free to look for differences :lol: I'll list them in a spoiler later in this post :-) Some won't can't be clearly seen in this picture but I hope to take a few pics that show more detail, so don't spoil the fun for yourself if you want to find all differences by yourself!

5350.jpg

In my opinion the N/P version is a lot better-looking. I'd even say it's one of the best-looking boomboxes of all! The black grills with the rich black and rippled drivers do it for me. Especially in contrast to all the silver and chrome. One of the best boomboxes in design and performance, released when the golden age was already fading.

National / National Panasonic

silver grills / black grills
flat speaker membrane / corrugated speaker membrane
small mic grill, free edge badge / wide mic grills, 20cm+5cm badge
3TPS, extra button / single TPS
mic mixing plug + knob / -
Dolby NR switch + indicator / -
FM, FM wireless, AM / FM, MW, SW1, SW2
FM 76-108 / FM 88-108
dark tuner scale / silver tuner scale
purple EQ print / blue EQ print
- / fine tuning knob

The tape door of my National says 'Full Auto Stop' instead of 'Rewind Auto Play' but that's because it's a RX C-100 door.
It looks like the speaker membranes are made of different fabric. The N/P's are rippled and don't seem to fade so easily.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
There are a lot of differences. I see at least 10!

Why did Hardmen unload his 5350? Did you trade him a M90??

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
They are actually different in colour. The N/P got black grills, the N got silver ones.

I traded Maurício a very neat RX-A2 and covered shipping both ways. The best part though is that he got himself another 5350 :thumbsup: Now we're both very happy :yes:

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
i used to love spot the difference in the newspaper
i think i got about 10 too

koleloi

Member (SA)
Apr 17, 2014
Hochiminh city, Viet Nam
I've had chance to see one but that's not in good working condition. It would be amazing if someone would make a comparo between this model and other heavy hitter such as M90, Bigben, RT-S90, GF-777 :bang:

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
Maybe I'll find the time to make a little comparison. It won't be easy to record the audio in a way that gives a rough idea about sound output difference.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
blu_fuz said:

Joe.

I trade my GF 767 for another 5350, them trade one with Zippy.

I'm really like to put my hands in one M90, but Curious about sound and quality of the A2 too, so Zippy offers me a trade, an we do!

When the A2 arrives (25Kg package with no fees) and I power the A2 on... ...MAN... ...Can be some batteries boxes approach the A2 in output and quallity??

They not sound like a boombox, period!

And thank YOU agai Zippy, in a few days, I make the A2 a real "portable".

Cheers.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
blu_fuz said:

Joe.

I trade my GF 767 for another 5350, them trade one with Zippy.

I'm really like to put my hands in one M90, but Curious about sound and quality of the A2 too, so Zippy offers me a trade, an we do!

When the A2 arrives (25Kg package with no fees) and I power the A2 on... ...MAN... ...Can be some batteries boxes approach the A2 in output and quallity??

They not sound like a boombox, period!

And thank YOU agai Zippy, in a few days when arrives, I make the A2 a real "portable".

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.