Sharp VZ-2000 cuts out after a while playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAB55

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2014
Melbourne
Hi all
Not sure what the cause is but after a little while of playing records successfully, once the player heats up a little I'm assuming, it decides to just cut out and stop working.
Anyone had the same issue or can shed light on the possible cause?
Would be greatly appreciated!
CAB55

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
i haver a Sharp VZ-3000 that does that with the radio but the real reason i posted
:lol: is your icon gave me a well needed laugh
sorry no help

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
It might be the switch on the bottom of the unit that needs some cleaning. Maybe apply some contact spray and push it a couple of times. I know it needs to make contact in order for the record ro play. If that contact is only interrupted for a moment, the needle will click in up position and go back to the beginning of the record.
Hope this helps...if not, your VZ's issue may be more complex.

Do you mean it plays the record half way through and then stops and the needles return to the park position? I had one of my VZ units do that but I'm sure it electronic as I tried looking at all the switches and cables settings etc but nothing worked. I replaced the whole record deck and that cured it.

CAB55

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2014
Melbourne
mmcodomino thanks for the suggestion, will give this a try to see if it solves the issue.

Madbadger, just seems to stop completely but will need to take note of exactly what happens so I can be more specific. Actually seems to be an issue in summer/warmer weather, in winter doesn't seem to happen as much. Not sure if this helps diagnose.

Will try using again for a while and take note of the specifics....

Cheers for your help so far!

CAB55

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2014
Melbourne
Nikonfoo thanks pretty funny indeed! I've said that to my wife a couple of times, she wasn't impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.