renew the brushed aluminiun panel [project]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015
Since I received as a gift a wonderful sharp gf 777H, my dream is to renew totally my boombox! The sharp gf series box possessors do already now what I'm talking about. The brushed aluminium is really eyecandy, but year after years it becomes ugly with horrible withe spots or scratches. Today I was thinking to repaint my box but I had an awesome intuition:

Around the net I've found sticky brushed aluminium. So I've thinked to print on one of these stickers the front panel indications to stick it over the actual panel, so that the box looks totally renewed. But I need a digital project to do this. Probably disassembling the boombox to make a scanning of the front panel would be perfect, and after the image is token the digital image can be edited to perfectly match on a printed on one of this sticky aluminum which has to be cut. But I need some help, probably one of you does have disassembled sharp boxes to take a scanning picture and share it here (Sorry for bad English)

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
I can not help you with this as I don't have a 777 or any box in that family. I do think your idea is very good though, in fact I think a member may have done this already for the Conion C100.

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015
after a hard work my first project is finished. The measurements are not ready, need to work more with illustrator and photoshop. still loving it. The fonts are Calibri Regular

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015
The final product will be a photoshop .PSD file with all layers, customizations and features, so anyone can tweak it like he want. The actual psd is almost 60MB. Hope it will be compatible with GIMP too. Now I've finished the writings and the last thing to work on are the mesaruments. Only one error of 0,3mm will f*** all :bang:

I've worked a lot on the original sharp styling to bring it the much more similar.

I think that on a new sticky alluminium panel, it will be better as the original :thumbsup:

(sorry for bad english, I'm italian)

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015

I'm going to add an hardwired Bluetooth module, so i added a bluetooth icon to rec mode. This is usefull to, because if i want to rec music from bt stream to tape I'm forced to choose rec level manually, the auto option is not the best option to dub from 2 different medias. The bt icon will be not implemented as default, but as optional. If you want it just let the layer view on photoshop. :yes:

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015
nikonfoo said:
Go mAn
Your back in brushed silver
Like what your doing :rock:
Heey, nextly I'm installing your vu meters! I'll bring this box new as just buyed in the '84!

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015
I'm having some trouble to take up the measures, its a really heavy work. Hope that in this 2/3 days I can finish the digital project.
The bad news are that gimp will not be compatible, so you need photoshop/illustrator to work on it

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015

With this awesome tool, i can now take the measures with maximum 0,05 mm error range.

tatto

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2015
Hum, too much silence, but I'm back with good news. Digital part completed and tested with paper. I'm going to upload the finished .psd project (80MB ~). Gimp converted format coming soon. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.