hitachi 3d80 noise help

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeezebox

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2015
Windsor England
bought a 3d80 with a few issues, broken handle, degraded drive bands and a horrible grinding noise. managed to fix the handle no problem, i need to order new belts at some stage but the thing im not sure of is the noise.
it only happens on one of the cassette decks, when you press play it makes a loud grinding noise through the speakers, any ideas on what this could be? thanks.

Attachments

wolff3012

Member (SA)
Dec 19, 2011
Germany
www.youtube.com
I have an old hitachi like this. the rubbers are from these 0815 tapes.
Missing antenna, leds, woofer and a bit more (tapes^^). The elektronic itself, i think this works (amp, tuner, eq...).
If you need something, let me know :-)

squeeezebox

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2015
Windsor England
thanks for the replies, managed to clear itself with use, these are very sensitive units, it doesn't seem to take much to upset the electronics. agree on the looks and led's, just a pity the build quality doesnt feel so good.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
squeeezebox said:
thanks for the replies, managed to clear itself with use, these are very sensitive units, it doesn't seem to take much to upset the electronics. agree on the looks and led's, just a pity the build quality doesnt feel so good.
You need to go to the original 3D7 / TRK7620 if you want better build quality and still awesome sound.

James.... :-)

Van Presence

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
Parnassus, NZ
iv got a 3D5 and it make a grinding noise when either tape deck is playing. still plays tapes, but dont think the noise comes out speakers, sounds like the motor. not opened it up yet tho. should prob look first?IMG_20160201_202046.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.