Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Can anyone tell me why I can only listen to the radio on my 5350 when the play button is pressed on the tape deck?
It's the Japanese National version if that makes any difference. It's not the end of the world, just a little frustrating.......

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Sounds like your power switch leafs are not making contact with eachother. Is it the same for line-in too, that you have to push play to get the line-in to work?

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
blu_fuz said:
Sounds like your power switch leafs are not making contact with eachother. Is it the same for line-in too, that you have to push play to get the line-in to work?
Line in works ok.

I'm guessing the broken power switch is not an easy fix......

Superduper

Member (SA)
If you flip to line-in and slowly flip back to radio, maybe you can get radio to work?

That particular switch is no longer available. It is a leaf switch that is mounted next to the function selector switch (looks like a record bar). There is a lever on the side that slides forward/backward as the function switch is thrown. The movement of the lever actuates the leaf switch that turns on the amp. Similar leaf switches are available new but aren't an exact fit. Somehow, you'll have to figure out a way to retrofit one mechanically and aligned to work when both line and radio functions are thrown. Perhaps you might be able to fiddle with the switch and get it to align better so it gets thrown in the radio position but if I were a betting man, my money is on the switch being on it's last legs. Doubtful that fiddling with it will result in a lasting reliable repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.